day 4 off

Posted , 3 users are following.

day 4 off of this horrible stuff, doctor has now given me valium to help with withdrawl as they didint want me to taper off, have also started taking sertraline 50mg, 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel what did u find wrong with it pls.. I'm starting it bt dnt want to.. Havnt Gt a choice though 😢
    • Posted

it was great for my mood and anxiety but had unexplained bruising, 

withdrawal thoughis tough, 

why dont you want to start it x

• Posted

Iv been on it before many years ago tho ..so I havnt Gt a clue why I came off it .. but there must be a good reason for it. Iv got a feeling it was because I was self prescribing I was in a real bad way so they musnt of helped.. I have a 3yr old now and he just seen me relapse because of mirt .. Im just so scared . My phyciatrist wouldn't pt me on it 4 months ago bcuz of racing thoughts none stop.. she put me on mirt n now iv come off she's putting me on ven.. I was in such a state in her office over it bt she didn't care..I suggested citralpram she said no we dnt have much call for it here..more like it's an expensive drug x
    • Posted

i would never go back on the ven, 

i know it works for the symptons but withdrawl is awful if i had of known about the withdrawl i would never of taken it but thats my personal journey,

good luck with your journey Sharon xx

• Posted

I wish I had the choice it's had me in such a state.. Iv just come off mirt where I was told the WD are herrendous my phyciatrist told me just to come straight off them.. I was so shocked bt couldn't say anything. My gp was really shocked. thankfully I had some zopiclone left to get me to sleep. 😡

Thankyou Rachel x

• Posted

Hi Sharon, i told my GP that i wasnt going back on them, 

are you in the uk sharon x 

• Posted

Hia yes I'm in the uk.. my gp said he cnt do anything as it's the phyciatrist I get prescribed by. He's gona ring me a wk after taking them to see how I am.
    • Posted

i want  to see a psychiatrist but seems impossible, 

just cant seem to get referred 

good luck to you let me know how you get on x 

• Posted

I think it's 7 month waiting list with new rules..I'm told the best thing to do is go out of hours hospital that way it's an awful lot quicker,you will see a phyciatrist & get an out patients appointment pretty soon after .. my appointment are normally 3 months apart bt the next 1 is in November. .which is mad because iv been in a bad way .. there's no money in mental health so lots of cut backs. Need to get the old 1s out with no bedside manner & get fresh 1s in .. there so understanding & really wants what's best for u ..in stead of old stick in the mud Indians who dnt seem to have a caring bone..

Good luck to you too Rachel. I will do x

• Posted

Hi Rachael.

Is the Valium helping ?

What a palava getting off this stuff.

I'm tapering off. Was on 225mg a day now am on 150 mg.

good luck to u.

• Posted

Hi Kelso,

im on day 2 with some valium, i slept better last night and feelloads better this moring, not sure how the day will go but ill keep youm posted x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.