day 4 post op..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on perocet and ibuprofen and I haven't gone to the bathroom since the day before my surrgerh.so its been 5 days! I've been taking stool softener for s few days now and eating flax seed etc and nothing.its hard enough to pee with my foot on a chair to keep of elevated but I am getting really uncomfortable any help?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Fruit and vegetables is my recommendation. Try some yogurt too.
  • Posted

Its time to stop the painkillers, 5 days is enough, you will be fine, and you can take Tylenol, give it a day or two after stopping painkillers and you will be able to go to the bathroom, the same thing happened to me,
    • Posted

What a silly thing to say - that 5 days painkillers is enough.

How would you know that? Everyone is different and 5 days

might be enough for you whereas someone else may need

5 weeks.

• Posted

For bunion surgery and hammertoe surgery I stopped in 4 days, for arguments safe try to stop in 5 days and if the pain gets to much take them again but if I can stop n 4 days and only experience a throbbing may you can to, 
    • Posted

I agree. Everyone is different. I was prescribed meds for 3 weeks so clearly some people need them much longer than 5 days. I took them for 7 days. Everyone is very different. I highly recommend acupuncture to help with both the pain and swelling.
    • Posted

Hi Kaliana

Yes. I took the meds for about a week too but also found that I needed meds at different stages throughout recovery. Good idea with the acupuncture though smile

• Posted

You can eat prunes,they are helping very good.

Boil some beets. Try to use natural things, not medicine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.