day 5 feeling the pains return

Posted , 5 users are following.

so it's day 5 since I had to stop my fluoxetine, and you've guessed it, starting to feel anxious, irritable, tense, panicy, muscles aching with tension, also dreaded headache has returned, as yet managed to avoid the "in case of emergency" 2mg Diazepam, but for how long? the happy place, peace of mind days I had on my 40mgs Fluox seem so far away now, lifes a b*tch huh sad 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Prayers for you! When is the doctor rechecking your liver? Maybe they could give you 10 mg for a few weeks to get you off flu.
  • Posted

Oh David, I do feel for you.  What a situation you now find yourself in!!  Please don't forget, after you've got the meds cleared from your system please do try the 5-HTP and l-tyrosine.

For the moment though, going through the withdrawl must be awful for you.  You're getting withdrawl symptoms, though they aren't necessarily the depression and anxiety returning.

Thinking of you David xx

• Posted

why are you coming off it? soudns like a really bad idea
    • Posted

hi, yes it does sound like a bad idea, but due to problems with some blood tests showing abnormal enzymes in my liver function it is a process of elimination to find what medication has caused this to happen, and up until now it would appear to be the Fluoxetine causing this to happen, future blood tests will either confirm, or discount this theory, wish me luck!
  • Posted

I feel for you, David - stuck as you are between a rock and a hard place. That's got to feel lonely and scary - knowing what will take away all these symptoms and not being able to take it, especially with the suddenness of the way you've had to do this.

I guess you have to try Square One coping techniques. I have a friend who takes the stuff Kate is recommending and she swears by it, too. Even got her aged Mum on it!

Stay with it, Buddy - badger your GP for tests and another approach to your anxiety and stuff.

Thinking of you ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.