Day 5 fluoxetine feeling twitchy

Posted , 6 users are following.

on day 5 of taking fluoxetine and im experiencing muscle spasms in legs and arms sometimes...definitely doesnt help that im on fluoxetine in the first place cause of health anxiety...just looking for words of encouragement or if any body else experienced similar symptoms

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi. I'm only 23 days in myself, but that's pretty much exactly what I saw around the end of the first week. Mainly when I was trying to get to sleep but a bit during the day as well. Obviously we're all different but that slowly went away over the next 10 days or so? Good luck with it. These side effects aren't fun, but they pass apparently!

• Edited

thanks for sharing definitely helps to hear somebody else experiencing the same

• Posted

5 months in, doubled to 40 at 2nd month. life is a whole lot better. the major change has been therapy which helps but you cant.enjoy benefits of meds without having your mind untangled. at the very least ring 116 123 weekly the samaritans. depression and anxiety is your bodies way of telling you that you need to change or.perhaps in my case accept what and who i am and that what anyone thinks of me is none of my business. keep going mate. depression doesnt last forever x

• Posted

Hello

i occasionally had twitches in arms, legs and a chest area for a while. i also had tremors in hands and legs for a while. But those reactions were gone now. I'm on FLU for 13 weeks now.

• Edited

I also had the twitches, shaking, sweating couldnt eat and couldnt sleep, lost over 3 stone, but it took over 12-13 weeks to get better, I am better and feel good to be out of that black hole, and sadness and no positive thoughts, didnt go out for weeks, had good days and bad days to start and slowly the good days became more, I kept saying to myself you will get better and I did.

Its a lovely feeling, you will get better.

• Posted

thanks for sharing, really reassuring to hear from someone going through the same things!

• Posted

Hello,

Yes, I experienced spams in my legs and arms and also my jaw. It was more noticeable when I was sitting still. I think it has gone away now because I haven't really noticed it. I've been on an increased mg of Flu for about 4 1/2 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.