Day 5 of period getting heavier with clots

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys! I'm new to this. I'm 28 and I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 20. I've been taking metformin for about 5 years. My periods have been regular for the past 6 years. This menstrual cycle has been off. I started my period 5 days ago and it's heavier now and I'm passing big clots. Cramps are minimal, and I'm having chills here and there. Wondering if its just part of the pcos or something more serious.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi! 

I’m no doctor but it sounds like your period is just going through it’s natural changes! I haven’t had a period in months and have been randomly spotting with extremely sore and plumped breast! Where did you get your pills from?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.