day 5 off and jaw pain!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

on my 5th day of just stopping venlaflaxine and jaw pain is unberable 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Have you tried taking Benadryl with acrivas. It helped me with my withdrawals from ven. You can take it 3 times a day and it helped me a lot. Hope this info helps.

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

I think i'm on my 5th week of stopping Ven.

What you are experiencing sounds like Cold Turkey' assuming that you have just stopped! Most people taper the withdrawal i was on 150mg and just stopped.

​The first week was most definitely the hardest for me so hang in there, it does get easier.

​If you want to see what i went through read my post.

​I am now sleeping better than i have done for years, and my energy has returned.

​Keep chatting it certainly helped me knowing that people were reading the posts and encoraging/looking out for you.

​I found regular excercise helped, so the dog has never been as fit.

​Good luck - it will get better

• Posted

I presume you have stopped, rather than weaned off? It is never a good thing to stop suddenly with any of the anti-depressant/anxiety medications. The pain you are feeling may well be your body's reaction, or you could have something that needs attention.

Why have you stopped taking it? Is there a medical concern or have you changed drugs recently? Take some pain relief medication for now but do follow up with your doctor about the venlafaxine.

• Posted

I had to come off of them as i was getting unexplained bruisng, 
    • Posted

Ah, that makes sense. I do hope they gave you something to help with the withdrawal symptoms. I hope by now you have gone back to the doctor to sort out your pain in your jaw. It may be totally unrelated to the coming off the medication, as I already pointed out, and it may be a symptom of TMJ which can be quite painful. It could be you are clenching your jaw in your sleep due to withdrawal issues, or could be an impacted tooth (you can get referred pain from that, meaning the pain is say in your upper molar and the pain is in your lower jaw...our bodies are just plain weird!)

Anyway, I hope you have some relief from that. Did you go back to the doctor to get it checked?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.