Day 5 post op and I can't go to the toilet - help

Posted , 10 users are following.

5 days after TAH and feel horrible. Hot sweats and now I can't go to toilet. Got terrible cramps. I have taken a dulcoease.  I am also getting a heaviness in my chest at various moments in the day which is really uncomfortable. Can anyone help me? 

Lee x

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Poppy

Snap!! Im 5 days post op and feeling dreadful today exact same reasons as you. My partner has bought me some sliced pears as someone told us they really help. I have been taking dulcoease to but nothing so far. Am hoping a chemist is open today as want to try this Movicol that has been mentioned on here quite a lot. Also getting these feelings in my chest glad they appear to be normal. Also very weepy todaycryWe live in Brighton so we are going in the car down to the seafront find and enjoy a little bit of the easter sunshine

Take care

Di xx

• Posted

meant find a bench to sit on lol xx

Di xx

• Posted

That sounds great but I haven't managed to get dressed since coming home. This is rubbish. And the hot flushes ain't helping x

have a good day

• Posted

Hi

Glad to head you've had it done. I had mine 3 days ago and never thought the feeling on my tummy would be like this! It's definately an operation not to be taken lightly. Day 2 was my worst so far, I am waiting to be discharged at the minute. That heavy feeling in your chest? If it feels like you can't breathe or it's hurting you to breathe the nurse told me here that You must phone for ambulance and tell them you had major surgery. Also make sure your legs don't swell, go red or feel tight as that's a sign of a blood clot. Good luck with your recovery, I know it's gruelling x

• Posted

Poor old you, we all totally empathise I'm just over 7 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy and I did not have my bowels opened for 2 weeks...I endorse everything that has already been said...fresh pineapple is a natural laxative and I took prunes too...we have all said that your never quie prepared for how rubbish you feel in the first few weeks....it does get better!!! X
  • Posted

Try prunes, dried prunes, tinned prunes, prune juice etc, nurse told me to give it a try! Also gift fibrogel from gp and tried lactulose, not all at once tho! Does take a while for things to settle down . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.