day 54

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi,

well I was'nt successful in getting a doctor app today advised to ring at 8am and hope for a cancelation tomorrow, last day before surgery closes for holidays. So I'm still on my 20mg for now, perhaps that will suffice who knows, big sigh. One bonus was sunshine for a change, bitterly cold but sunny with blue skies so I did have a wee walk and went into nearest town for some shopping, a bit more productive than yesterday certainly so I patted myself on the back smile hope everybody is doing well that reads these. Chat soon, caio for now David

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi David..glad you went out that always helps me. Do uou have or had sleep problems. My Dr says I have to give it 6 to 8 weeks. Do you feel any better?
    • Posted

Hiya Jen, yes the fresh air today was lovely! Must admit I have had no problem sleeping as such, first week or two I had night sweats where I woke up drenched but since then I could sleep in the next Olympics if it was a sport zzzzzzzzzzz wink
  • Posted

Well done you! I'm glad you managed to Potter about today, sorry you didn't get to see your Dr. Hopefully more luck tomorrow.  Keep smiling.  Xx
    • Posted

Hello Karen,

Yes I do feel better for the fresh air today I must admit, my cheeks are all rosey (maybe I should wear trousers next time haha) I was thinking of you walking on the moors with your puppy, I do wonder if getting a pet of some kind would help distract me, or possibly have the opposite effect? I'm smiling smile xx

• Posted

Fabulous,  I'm glad you went out!  We lost  our dog 3 years ago,  and I swore no more!  Too painful when they go to sleep. but,  we now have a springer, and I love being out with him,  and he is my little pal and shadow at home. 

Please try and give yourself a goal each day, even if you hibernate for the rest of it, 

I'm well pleased your smiling, it makes the world a better place.  Xx

• Posted

a springer sounds a lot of fun, I did debate getting a dog last year (a big hairy crazy Irish wolfhound) but my work commitments were such that he'd have had to be in  the van with me all day and perhaps hours at a job whilst I cut grass etc so it was'nt fair on the poor guy so I declined. Maybe one day smile I'm praying for 2 things tomorrow, a doctors app, and the sun!! yeahh smile xx
  • Posted

Hi david

Great you got out and about! Sounds like it helped you a bit. Im not a big exercise fan but the more I do the better I feel (just wish I wasnt such a lazy git then I might exercise several times a day n not need fluox so much but thats never gonna happen-haha :-) ).

Sorry you didnt get to see doc today, our surgery has same 8am call system -very frustrating as takes ages to get thru cos always engaged. Hope you get to see dr tomorrow to put your mind at ease if nothing else.

Hope tomorrow brings smiles.

Take care

Vix

Ps - just wondering,  did you comb your hair??? ;-)

• Posted

hiya Vix,

I'm not the biggest exercise fan to be honest though I do enjoy walking, it's motivating myself to get out the house in the first place that's the problem these days! Plus to go for a decent walk I actually have to drive a few miles either north or south to get away from a busy main road near me, so that's a pain in the butt @ times too. As for my hair, I'm ashamed to say no, it's still unbrushed, and frankly I'm dreading the task ahead because I've got unusually long hair for a male of the species and though it was in a plait it is tangled like you would'nt believe, I need help hahaha! Catch ya later alligator,

caio, David smile

• Posted

nooooooo, stick some conditioner on your dry hair, and comb then, if its all tangled, makes it much easier, have a good day, i too hope the sun is shining and its NOT blowing a gale, as it makes walking on the moors much more pleasant!!

hope your smiling, i shall be wrapped up like an eskimo, with the boiiiigy dog having the time of his life, . x

• Posted

haha just picturing the boiiiingy dog bouncing around the moors with you!! very funny images smile that is good advice re the tangled hair mess thats on my head, I will try that later after the doctors @ 2.45 today. I promise. It's not blowing a gale but it is so very dark and overcast right now seems the heavens are going to open and dump something on my head any moment! talk later, enjoy your walk smile
    • Posted

Fab,  you got an appointment!  Good start to the day. You  could always do a Britney and shave your head to get rid of the tangles,  but not advisable in this weather! 

We had a very blowy walk,  everyman and his dog seemed to be on the moors, and puppy had a ball rolling in some sort of animal poop! 

Hope the Dr could help.  Xx

• Posted

well that's me home from the docs outcome is I've to start taking 40mg as of now to try get me back on an even keel so to speak, doc pointed out it's been a stressful year healthwise having had a heart attack (2 actually) so my mind has had great difficulty coping with that for sure, so hopefully in a few weeks this 40mg will bring back the David we all know and love wink yeah I'm a cheeky b@gger sorry,but it helps me cope at times! oh I bet your puppy stinks to high heaven Karen haha xx
    • Posted

Hmm mm i'v smelt better!  I hope the extra meds work for you, and you have a calm and smiling Christmas. And make sure you have combed your hair, you said you would after the Dr! 

Keep smiling David. Merry Christmas.  X

• Posted

What a good news, David! I usually get hopeful when I have an appointment. Hope that 40 mg will improve your mood quickly. As I said in an other post, for me, this transition was a breeze. I'm feeling very well right now, and you will do as well.

Merry Christmas,

Danilo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.