Day 6 Mirtazapine so drowsy and groggy

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am taking 15mg Mirtazapine for anxiety & depression. I feel so groggy and drowsy I am not sure I should be driving but have a 60 minute commute to work. I am also a single mum and feel so drowsy I am struggling to get through an eve with the kids. I have read that upping to 30mg might actually make me feel less groggy. Anyone experience this? But I am also reading about withdrawing from higher doses. So not sure what to do. Don't feel any benefits just sleepy and hungry. Took Sertraline previously but this causes my anxiety to get much worse.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've Very been on 15 mg for 4 months Sam. Does nothing for me but unwanted side affects. I was on 30mg for 6 weeks and it did make me feel more alert as they say it's more stimulating. 15 mg is more sidating and is supposed to make you more sleepy it's doesn't help me sleep at all. Im going to try getting off it as soon as I can.

• Posted

Hi

i was on 15mg and upped to 45mg over period of few months and didn't notice any difference on the doses.

all they done for me was give me full nights sleep and caused me anixety..

i would dare to drive while I was feeling like that as I was more like a zombie 

If you have been on them for a while and don't think theyr helping with your depression mayb you should go back to GP as I was told to stick with them "they take time to work fully".... they never worked FULLY for me as they caused more side effects than I can remember 

I was took from 45mg to 30mg for few wks then 15mg for few wks then if them overnight as my docs said there is no withdrawals....

im now 9wks of mirtazapine and feel better from coming of them but the withdrawals isn't nice so make you have decided fully on what you want to do as regarding going up to 30mg as getting back if them isn't good at all..

Docs seems to think theyr is any withdrawals from this med !!!

Good luck with what ever you decide to do

kaz

• Posted

Hi Samantha I have been taking 15mg Mirt for 17days now. It took 2 weeks before I started to feel the benefit. I am also taking it for anxiety and depression. Research says 1-2 weeks slight benefit 4-6 weeks should show   more benefit. I had a bad reaction to Sertriline as well. Could your GP sign you off sick from work? Really tough being a single parent I hope you have some good support    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.