Day 7

Posted , 4 users are following.

After feeling really naff for the first 5 days i actually feel a bit different today.im not so on edge.i managed to go to tescos this morning,couldnt do that last week as i became agrophobic..So really pleased with myself.going to take it one day at a time.Its been a week since my last mega panic attach,so keeping my fingers crossed as i was having loads of the horrid things!!!Still a bit sick and light headed but getting better.cant sleep though,not sure if its the tablets or the wind outside that keeps waking me up!Anyway hopefully theres a way foward now...My next goal is picking my lad up from school,my sister has been doing it for me as i couldnt stand in the crowd of mums.But im going to give it a go soon.hope everyone on here is ok.take care.kim.xxx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Well done Kimoli - stay strong.

I have just been absolutely pathetic! :roll:

Tesco brought my shopping to the door - home delivery service - I panicked toldd aughter I need the loo so she answered the door. I stayed upstairs until he had gone. My heart was pounding!

:oops:

Melbi x

• Posted

Good for you Kim!! This is an excellent post. So positive. I have been on these meds for 12 months and they do tend to flatten out the highs and the lows. I hope one day to understand this debilitating condition enough to leave the chemicals alone, but for now they keep me functioning if not fantastically at least well enough to recognise that I want to get better.

You have a good sister. Hang on to family, open your heart to your friends here, keep posting and you will help and be helped.

Take care of you too. xx

• Posted

Hi melbi,bless you.I was going to do the home delivery but my hubby wouldnt let me.So i made him go at the weekend! :wink: I only got a couple of things so i wernt in there long but it was getting busy and i started to feel niggly.but i was chuffed i did it.I havnt done a whole weeks shop for ages.Going to have to soon as the cupboard are looking bare.I will see how i feel first.Not going to if im not strong enough... smile How are you today?kim.x
  • Posted

thank you breezeman,that was lovely.Its nice to know i can come here and talk to you guys knowing were all going through similar times.It does help.kim.x
  • Posted

Hi Melbi. You have not been pathetic! This is a natural part of the condition from which we all suffer. Please don't be so hard on yourself. But you must realise that the anxiety/stress is a problem which needs to be addressed before you return to work. Hope your time with Nigel was full of affection and I know he supports you. He may not know how to cater to all your needs but he cares, of that I am sure. Hang on to that Melbi. And as for delivery people, they are just doing a job and they meet all sorts of people all day long. Why should you be boring/run o' the mill/ dull?

Anxiety is debilitating. I have swuffered from its extremes and it is very unpleasant. But you can outrun it in the end by trying to concentrate on the positives in your life and letting go of the things which create anxiety for you. And you are lucky to have Melissa and your daughter there to keep perspective. Hang in there Melbi. You are a good soul and a loving, caring person. xxx

• Posted

Hey Melbi. Just re-read my post and realised how sad you would be that I'd \"swuffered\". It's really bad! lol! I feel pretty good tonight as I've been able to help the daughter of my partner. She's a great kid and it is absolutely wonderful to be able to give!

You have given heaps to all of us here Melbi. You've made a difference. That is remarkable, given your own problems at the moment.

Have you heard from Katy? Last post I saw she was upbeat and it was great to read her posts. Katy, let us know how you're going!!

And PJ, how are you? Being upside down in Australia I can't keep up with everything all the time, but it's 28 degrees in my loungeroom, 10% humidity, all windows and doors open for the light breeze, cockatoos have stopped arguing for the night, and all's well. Take care children. xx

• Posted

I've just received a phone call from work! 5 minutes later 2 text from work asking how I am and to say everyone sends their love and asking after me.

Amazing isn't it how it can help us if people just show us they care.

Just tried to make myself and daughters some lunch and ended up making an absolute mess! Now in bed because I feel all stressed because the kitchen is a mess - how can making a spot of lunch create such a mess?

Washing and ironing really piling up and that is making me panicky and stressful ~ thnakfully daughters have both told me to come to bed out of the way ~ not to worry about house etc and they will deal with it. Will they?

Then they suggest when I wake up I go for a long soak in bath then they will give me a make over ~ oh my giddy aunt :shock:

Yes. Best thing for me right now is a sleep ~ close my eyes to the world ~ to my stresses and panics ~ to my house getting in a bigger mess day by day!

Well ~ I am happy that some people at work have made contact ~ that means a lot to me and will, I'm quite sure, help me get better quicker.

I do worry too much! :oops:

Melbi xxx

Breezman ~ if we can't help each other ~ who can we help ~ I have found so much help, support and comfort here ~ I want to be able to offer it back to others.

Stay strong everyone ~ together we can fight our demons.

• Posted

melbi,Ive only been on this forum a week and its helped me.you seem such a lovely and caring person.Iwish i had a friend like you.but you take care of yourself to.Sod the house its not going anywere,go to bed and rest.I did it at the weekend just watched tv all the time.But i needed to rest i had no energy.Look after you.Keep your chin up.kim.xxx :wink:
  • Posted

Hi Breezeman, Melbi, Kimoli

Well done you Kimoli for going shopping, that was one of the things that used to freak me out in the early days but it does get better honest, be strong & look forward to the day you can collect your son from school.

Melbi

Hang on in there girl - your going to be fine! We are all here with you, you've had a few up's & downs lately don't be so hard on yourself - so what if you didn't answer the door today you can tomorrow.

Breezeman

Thanks for your reply in other thread, please send us some of your \"downunder\" sunshine it's cold here & too windy!

Off out now to get birthday cake for \"the teenager\" will post you all a slice tomorrow after he's done the candle thing..... lol

Take care everyone

Nicky Jane xx

• Posted

Kimoli sweetheart ~ I am your friend. If you ever need someone to lean on I'm here for you.

Why not register here and come and join us in the chatroom from time to time.

Codiene kicking in now so going to close my eyes for a while.

Melbi x

Sry Breezman ~ just this once. :oops:

• Posted

Thanks melbi,thats really sweet i will join..Thanks nicky for your kind words to.Im off to have a tidy up b4 they all come home.Take care all and speak soon.xxx :D
  • Posted

Kim, I'm with Melbi. Join the chatroom and chew the fat! Melbi, we've got to have a release valve or we explode. If the Codeine gets you sleep, you're better off with it than without. As for me, I've had a beer now and then but you really did catch me at a point before I had gone too far with the whiskey. Thank you. It is comparatively a lot easier for me to stop drinking whiskey when I can have an occasional beer, than it is for you to cold turkey the only things that brings you relief with no substitute. I'm happy for you that you've been able to cope as well as you have.

If it were not for sleep, how the hell would we stay awake? That sounds so deceptively beguiling and simple, but it ain't!!

Hang in there Melbi. W care for you. xxx

• Posted

didnt have the patience to sleep so watching tv in bed and drinking water think i'm addicted to water 8)

closed the curtains and its nice and dark.

[color=red:934965f654][u:934965f654][b:934965f654]If it were not for sleep, how the hell would we stay awake? [/b:934965f654][/u:934965f654][/color:934965f654]

Oh Breezman I do like that! :D

Melbi x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.