Day 7 post OP

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am now day 7 post op from having my gall bladder removed. The majority of the pain has gone but I am noticing issues with eating.

I stayed on an all liquid diet for 5 days after the operation, but I have slowly started on solids.

Vegetable soup, rice, cereal.

Unfortunately, I can only eat a few mouthfuls and then my stomach feels full up. I also have slight nausea.

Is this typical? Does it get better?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I was the same for a few weeks after surgery. Ate small amounts little and often and almost a year later still do that. It does get better xx
  • Posted

Hi

Still early days .  I’m 6 weeks post now and pretty back to eating normally.  You might find some foods you can’t tolerate, so a little bit trial and error.  

• Posted

Hi just read your message I’m going through the same thing, I’m 3 weeks post op just over. I get full really quickly like yourself! And get a slight nausea feeling. The doctor has prescribed anti nausea medication. To help me gain my appetite I’m mainly on soft foods that are low fat.  I find little meals are the best! Try smoothies fresh fruit 🍇 with semi skimmed milk. I find that makes me feel a lot better. Hope this helps your not alone. Kind regards Joanne 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.