Day 8 of being sick

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I was just wanted to ask when will it end? It started Christmas night with having chills, feeling weak, and a very bad headache, I went to the ER and they told me I had a URI, gave me zpac, excerdrien with caffine I did not sleep for three days, I also take beta blockers coreg, and lexapro, it's been really bad week, like I said it's day 8 and I'm not hurting but coughing can't stop, and sweating a lot, I went to work and got sent home cause I was pouring sweat, I stay stopped up almost everyday and use a over the counter nasal spray, I don't think I'm suppose to use every night but it's only thing that gets me through the night, I've also had diarrhea last 4 days just want it over with

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You sound like you've got something bad.  Hopefully the stuff they gave you in ER will sort you out although it's possible they're causing the diarrhea.  You should maybe check the spray you're using isn't  reacting with the medication?

Have you tried simple things like inhaling steam from menthol crystals (from a pharmacy) dissolved in boiling water?  This actually sorted my chronic sinusitis  after several rounds of antibiotics didn't shift it.  Just be careful not to scald your nose with the steam!  The steam may help your clear your lungs as well (but I'm not a doctor!). 

If they offer you antibiotics please don't let them give you Levo or Cipro (or any other fluoroquinolone).  This group can cause a heap of other problems that you ahven't had yet.  Please see the FQ discussions on this site for what I mean.

Stay safe and I hope it clears up soon for you.

• Posted

Azithromycin This is what they gave me my stomach hurt so bad I only could take two of the three

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.