Day 8 of recovery from posterior prolapse repair

Posted , 26 users are following.

Well after seeing my GP on day 6 and being given antibiotics for a urine infection and also treatment for thrush things are settling down a bit. Still very uncomfortable sitting on my bottom, easier lying in my side. The last 2days I've been getting out in the car for short quick trip to shops, not driving...doing stairs and walking OK but VERY tired still and dragging feeling if I stand for too long but on the whole everything working OK down below with my squatty potty and Keger app- many thanks to this forum. Positive about future. 

1 like, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Lesley, So heartwarming to hear how much better you are now and that you and your husband had a really good time in Torbay. 

Pleased to hear that you tried my idea of the 'bidet bowl' although I did wince a little when you mention salt water - ouch! I always use plain warm water or (for washing that area) aqueous cream instead of soap products. You can buy a big tub from all chemists for around a fiver. After living overseas for many years where bidets were always part of the plumbing, I missed having one when we returned to the UK. To improvise I therefore went out and bought a small bowl for use in the loo instead.

Well done Lesley thanks for your update. LadyPink

• Posted

Hi LadyPink Do you get Betterwear in your Area their Bidet Bowl is great fits on the loo just fill it with warm water and sit! Maybe they have a website not sure about that.    I have finally stopped bleeding after 6 weeks but cant seem to get rid of my Urine Infection after 3 lots of Antibiotics it keeps reoccuring. Have you any experience of this? Would be grateful for anyones help who has been through this. Polly

• Posted

Hello Polly, I've been using ordinary plastic bowls 11" in diameter for the last 20 years - bought from any hardware shops very cheaply which fit perfectly into the loo, there there is no need to buy anything with a special brand name. 

Sorry to hear you've still problems with a urine infection. No I didn't have any problems there luckily but I'm sure your GP or consultant is keeping a check on this. Have they tested your urine and done a culture? You would obviously know the importance of drinking plenty of bland drinks? Cranberry Juice is great for infections like this as it prevents bugs from latching onto the walls of the bladder and just get flushed through. LadyPink

• Posted

Oh didnt think a bowl would fit in Loo I've learnt something now.

I keep on having Urine tests (Got to send another to Hospital tomorrow) but all that happens is GP puts me on more Antibiotics he says the leaking might clear up when Infection does. Yes I drink water all the time but must admit I have only just got into Cranberry juice as I thought that was only for Cystitis which I dont actually have, but I will start drinking more of it now. Thank-you for your advice LadyPink      Polly

• Posted

Hi Lesley, it sounds as if you are doing really well (sorry, this post is all out of order in the thread) If you have managed to walk for 2 hours at 4+ weeks without any dragging feeling, then you must be healing nicely. Don't get over-confident though. Yesterday, 5 months post op, I had a day out which involved some trudging round the ciry streets, and standing in a cattle truck for 2 half hour train journeys. I became conscious that I was getting uncomfortable down below, but didn't like to say anything, and of course no-one offered me a seat. (should take that as a compliment) Better today, having sat about and lain down for a while.

Jo, so sorry to hear about your problems. I think you were right to be pro-active. The NHS is fantastic for so many things, but once you know something's up, you just want it fixed. Hope all better soon.

• Posted

Hi Moira

thanks for your good wishes. I am on the caas and am no longer prepared to takethe advice to wait and see if it gets better anymore! 

All the best

Jo

• Posted

Hi Polly,

No, I only leak a bit if I am too impatient when doing a wee. I can't actually push. If I try nothing happens. I just have to let it trickle out on its own and then move positions a few times and press my tum a bit. If I don't do all that then I leak when I stand up...but I don't get the urge to go all the time like I used too which is a bonus, I just pity anyone waiting to use the loo as I take so long. Tee hee.

• Posted

Thank-you Lesley for your reply Sounds like you are really doing well. I have just taken another Urine sample to be tested fingers crossed it will be clear this time. You will have to get one of those signs that say 'come back in 20 Mins' Ha ha. Take Care Polly

• Posted

I know that this discussion was over 12 months ago but im still hoping that i get a reply 😀   I am on day 11 post op for a TVT-O & prolapse repair. I have been on antibiotics for an infection which made me feel very sick. I am no longer in pain but i have lots of discomfort down below & a dragging sensation when i stand up too long. I still feel tired & im sleeping more but i expected that. However i did a little bit of ironing today & i have started to bleed more. Is that normal or was that me being stupid?  Im grateful for any replies i get 😀👍🏻
    • Posted

Hi there, I'm not sure what a TVTO is! I had a prolapse repair 8 weeks ago and stil have the dragging feeling after I've stood too long. Some ladie shere will also describe the feeling sometimes like a tampon half ina nd half out.

​I will say 11 days post op to be doing ironing is too soon. Let them wear creased clothes or learn to do it themselves - if they're old enough. Get them to master the art of folding clothes as neatly as origami and never iron again!

​Remember to rest. I didn't as much as I should have and it didn't speed up the healing so rest, rest, rest

• Posted

Hi Karen, do nothing for 3 months! And, continue to be careful for months after that. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I am 2 years post op, and trust me, your recovery is completely in your hands. The danger time is when you start to feel a bit better and want to do more. The damage is cumulative. One bout of ironing (although bonkers) won't have hurt too much; it's when you think you've got away with it, and so keep doing things, that you damage the repair.

Take care, and don't be depressed. If you can safeguard your repair it's all worth it.

• Posted

Thank you for the comments & advice 😀. Luckily its just me & my husband at home so i ave no children to see to. I am resting as much as poss but just thought i wud do a bit of ironing for something to do.  I suppose i didnt realise how much of a big op i was having as i ave had a bladder op & a prolapse op done at the same time 🙁.  I had a hysterectomy done 20 years ago & i wud say that i ave been more tired & in more pain wiv this op than the hysterectomy. So i am going to rest, rest & rest 👍🏻😀
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice😀. As i have put on another reply to another comment i did not realise that my op was as big as it was 🙁  I have had a bladder op & prolapse op done at the same time & i must say i ave found it more painful than wen i had a hysterectomy 20 years ago, plus i am more tired.  I dont have children to look after so i can rest as much as i want but i just thought a bit of ironing wud be ok  but i was wrong.  So im goin to defo rest, rest & rest 👍🏻😀
    • Posted

Don't iron - ever! Take up knitting or crochet or something. Buy a box set or better still multiple box sets and sit and watch TV.!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.