Day 8 on citalopram, good day yesterday but feel worse today? Need encouragement.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Yesterday was a pretty good day i mean i still felt like i might spiral out of control but i was calmer less anxiety. Today (Day 8) however it is so bad i ended up crying, so much anxiety, intrusive thoughts, heat on my chest all day. Other side effects such as nausea has subsided but the main side effect of heightened anxiety is still there very severely i cannot leave my house yet. i mean i been on this medication before and had similar side effects but this time is even more horrible plus feeling depressed which i never did before. I know its still early but i need to go to work and i am off atm because of this. Anyone second time round on citalopram and had side effects and feeling better now? Please be positive.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I came off them after 6 days because I just couldn't cope and couldn't take any more time off work. I started feeling better within 24 hours but 5 days later I am still feeling the side effects. I didn't have any of these 1st time round.

Sorry I'm probably no help as I wasnt as brave as you and couldn't stick it out.

Good luck xcc

• Posted

I came off them after 6 days because I just couldn't cope and couldn't take any more time off work. I started feeling better within 24 hours but 5 days later I am still feeling the side effects. I didn't have any of these 1st time round.

Sorry I'm probably no help as I wasnt as brave as you and couldn't stick it out.

Good luck xcc

• Posted

hey x I'm on day 7 and feel exactly the same 😭

my second time on them too x

• Posted

did you have bad side effects first time round? I remember that I did and it was really bad also and i lost tons of weight it was so horrible i cannot remember exactly how long it took. People say it can take longer the second time round. I guess after such a long time of not having anxiety its even harder having it so bad again. Really hoping it works , i mean i will still try to keep up with it but lack of sleep, anxiety and physical effects are horrible i cannot do anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.