Day 9 on Citalopram does it get any better :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and was prescribed 20MG of citalopram for thw first time, it currently makes me feel worst headaches, tired, panicky and a weird tingly feeling on my face. I'm starting to lose hope in this medication even though it is early days..

does it get better?? please share your experiences x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Citalopram didn't suit me, I was then put on Mirtazapine and fine.

Hope it does work for you and if it doesn't, don't despair as there are other options.

Best of luck!

• Posted

hey I have been suffering from anxiety for 12 years and have been on every medication possible all of the things your are saying happend to me give them 4 weeks toget in your system and you will start to feel alot better 😃 try not to worry you have got this 👊

• Edited

9 days is really short. You need to wait at least 3 weeks before side effects let place to beneficial effects. But for most of people it can take more, 4, 5, 6 weeks even 2 months. Personally I felt a bit better after 6 weeks, and it completely solved my anxiety disorders and depression after 3 months.

Besides side effects like nausea and headaches, during the first two weeks your anxiety disorder / panic attacks can be even worst, so you need to stay courageous and patient.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.