Day after stomach bug?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I have a family of three, me, my husband and our 11 month only. The baby and I had the virus which I guess was the Norovirus two days ago. My husband has it today. I still feel really queasy still today... not sure why but is this normal? Also, with him having it today, can we catch this again?? I read somewhere that says your immune for 14 weeks but I wanted to hear your experience since I haven't had the stomach flu in YEARS. Ofcourse I've been disinfecting everything since including today. Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It can take time for your stomach to settle down after this bug. It took my dad several days before he got his full appetite back and he was very cautious at first about what he ate.I had it several years ago and it only lasted 24 hours. I ate blandly at first and was cautious about how my stomach would react to food. However, once I started eating again, I felt better.

• Posted

Thanks! So did you still feel queasy a while afterwards??

• Posted

I did feel slightly queasy afterwards but I found that small sips of milk settled it.

• Posted

It will take at least a,week to feel better but I don't think you will get it again. Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.