Day one of Spots, day 3 of symptoms.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 33 year old male, and I did have CP as a child.

I work in the airline industry, so many hotels, airports and closed areas.

My first symptom was one or two spots that I thought were bug bites.

Then I was feeling feverish and sore for a couple days while having night sweats for 3 nights. Still only a few spots on my head, I thought were zits or bug bites. on day 5 or 6 of all the symptoms, I woke with at least a dozen spots on my head and neck, this was at 4:30a, by 12p I was covered with at least three or four hundred spots. Doctor said he would do a culture to verify CP or Shingles (there IS a difference) but all I could do was ride it out, don't itch, take a antibiotic to keep the chance of a skin infection down.

I currently have them all over head, face, neck, back chest, groin, with a few more randoms on my upper legs and shoulders. with the numbers increasing to over five hundred at least.

I am hoping for few scars and a quick recovery!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello

How are you now - any better? I am day five of severe symptoms and day three of spots: hundreds. I also have anti-biotics for a secondary throat infection and am in agony.

Going on holiday in 13 days and wondered if I would be any better. This is hell.

Hope you;re feeling better!

• Posted

I'm on day 3 of the spots/ blisters , it,s sending me crazy , they are itching worse than i thought possible , got them on scalp , face , back , chest , arms , and a few more on dif areas . At 41 i just never expected to get cp . :evil:
  • Posted

Now been almost a month, still showing marks on chest and back, with a few on head and face. They are pretty light, but still obvious. The ones on my face luckily are the best. Some healed great, others did not. Even ones I didn't itch, but they just got irritated thru clothes, bed etc. are some of the worst.

using Mederma creme to help with the scarring.

Good luck!

• Posted

Am 29 and and am on day 3 of this experience, spots are starting to appear, initially on the scalp but now appearing in my ears on my neck and chest, at night I sweat buckets and am taking paracetamol and Ibuprofen to stop my head from exploding!

Hoping that the sweats and the shivering goes and that I do not get covered in spots, but from what I am reading they are only going to get worse!

Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Chicken pox as an adult is no fun!

• Posted

I am on 3rd day of spots. Got them inside my mouth and throat too so eating and swallowing are very difficult. Fever started on Saturday but that has subsided now. Just left with a great deal of discomfort and itching and want it to stop! The spots on my back are the most painful, I think they are getting rubbed by clothes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.