Day one of week 5 on cit

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just startin week 5 on citalopram was on 10mg on 2nd week of 20mg im so tense even in my throat and chest and feel nervous all time will this stop thank you im just getting to point ive had enuff caused my self ibs being so tense all time any help or advice x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

think im around the same time as this myself and this past few days im having an awful time im tense all the time and feel very ill in general even tho i no its just anxiety is hard....if i had one off days like this i think i could cope but its bee going on 4 days now and im miserable....im on 10mg but have review on thurs with gp so il speak to her and see what she recommends as from what im reading 10 is a very low amount maybe she might put me up to 20mg....did u feel much different when starting the 20 or were u as nervous on the 10?
    • Posted

Dont get me weong im alot calmer than i was and had no side effect when i went up to 20 from 10 i just want to feel calm im back at work but dont socailise
  • Posted

Things should have settled down by week 5. If you have a good doctor I would go back and say that you aren't happy with the side effects the increased dose is giving you. How were you feeling on 5mg? Maybe you could ask for something different Doctors like to prescribe the more modern drugs because they are told to try them on patients. But they don' have to take them themselves and have no idea the effect the side effects can really have. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    • Posted

I sont think its side effects i dont think im helping myself getting tense and nervous but its hard i thort i may b alot chilled and calmer by now
  • Posted

I was on Cit for 6 weeks and experienced sever side effects. I consulted my GP and agreed to stop taking the drug which was not for me!!

10 weeks on I am getting less and less withdrawal though it is still a bit of a rollercoaster ride with some good and some bad days!!

Suggest you talk to your GP to develop a plan for you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.