daytime anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

My Anxiety is always sky high in the mornings and through the day but come evening it settles abit, whybis this coz nothing changes in this time? In the evening when I feel almost normal again I think yep this is it my meds are kicking in n I'm guna feel better n feel positive about the next day n then bam as soon as I open my eyes in the morning it's there sad

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been on your medication Hun?

Anxiety and depressed mood are worse for me in the morning too but I'm only 4 weeks into this new medication.Most mornings I feel very fragile and scared. Yesterday morning was ok,,,not perfect but ok so I guess compared to 12 weeks ago,I'm doing better.

I think it just takes time for all them chemicals in our brains to get back to normal. I've done also rats this morning while feeling like a bag of cr*p because I don't want to stop doing anything,regardless of if I'm feeling any pleasure in it our not. 

I read something about cortisone levels or something,either being higher or lower,not sure,when we first wake so that's the reasons our anxiety is higher. Don't know how true it is.

My meds are also a sleep aid so I'm a bit drowsy on waking so that could have something to do with it.

Guess we just have to let them little pills build up and do what they do and try our best to self help and stay positive xxx

• Posted

Ahh we'll if your anxiety is a little higher chick,it could be just the new dose getting into your system.

Is it Citalopram you are on? 

I think taking the higher dose of 20mg will make all the difference. I think that's what most people say is the therapeutic dose.

xx

• Posted

Yeah I'm on citalopram today is my 8th day on higher dose I just feel like I'm never guna feel normal again x
  • Posted

So me crazy I have energy even want eat late I think oh might be better then next morning boom on no meds other than small doze xanax to stop me stressing what are your symptoms in morning dizzy
    • Posted

Just really anxious loads of thought running thru my head, lightheaded, blurred vision chest feels all fluttery just feel constant on edge sad
    • Posted

Same as me never have chest pains but constant on edge worry sock feeling and thoughts sorry you go through it hope we get all get sorted
    • Posted

Only xanax low doze but don't help with my symptoms just think they stop me go into panic more
  • Posted

I also think mornings aredifficult, don't want to get out if the bed and deal with what might be thrown at you during the day, hyper vigilant but as the day goes by you get closer to the end of the day, your also physically send mentally tired so it's the natural time for the mind to slow down and get ready for sleep (whether you can or not), so the anxiety calms down, praise yourself at bed time for getting through another day especially if your feeling crap. 

Everything said is perfectly normal when suffering from an anxiety disorder especially the not gonna get better thoughts and feelings , that's the nature of the anxiety and any depression, it's the condition talking not you, when you get those thoughts just say to yourself something like "I might not think that but given time that will change", or in my case I say "That's bollocks"! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.