DD And IBS Sufferers

Posted , 6 users are following.

Any sufferers of both DD and IBS what are you

able to eat ??

I'm really struggling with food . My diet is sooo restricted ,

I'm losing so much weight . No one in the medical profession

are interested . I've come to a standstill and don't know what

is gentle on the stomach. Any tips or ideas on what to eat ?

I can't have complan or anything like it .

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have IBS and DD   I can't eat eggs beans lettuce tomatoes red meat curry pizzas nuts skins yogurt   I eat fish chicken mash carrots green beans peas   We are all different it's trial and error. I take fybergel mabevarine and gaviscon. I keep a food diary so if I try something different I know if it upsets me or not. Eating is really bland and boring but try and eat otherwise you will become ill 

• Posted

I can't eat mash as it's acidic , I do have sweet potato though, can't

eat peas . Going so long without certain foods has now made me

feel sick at the thought of them . I had my gallbladder removed 4 months ago

and can only eat very tiny amounts before I feel full and bloated.

I wish I could eat tinned soup but I can't tolerate the spices in them all.

I've tried making my own sweet potato soup but it gave me pain and diarhea.

I can't eat haddock anymore for some reason.

• Posted

Hi Linda, I have been suffering greatly with my stomach/intestinal tract and have found that cutting out anything with modern wheat has improved my situation greatly, along with tomatoes spuds peanuts and peppers anything in the nightshade family basically, I have found that pasture fed meats are Ok too if a tad expensive, but the best boon is the discovery of slippery elm! I take one before breakfast and lunch and two before dinner these have saved me from constant pain after eating.
  • Posted

This is my second flare up of DV since September last year...just finishing 10 days of antibiotics not seem to be working very well this time...still severe pain in mornings so trying to find foods I can safely eat...came across this.

Examples of low-fiber foods include:

Canned or cooked fruits without skin or seeds

Canned or cooked vegetables such as green beans, carrots and potatoes (without the skin)

Eggs, fish and poultry

Refined white bread

Fruit and vegetable juice with no pulp

Low-fiber cereals

Milk, yogurt and cheese

White rice, pasta and noodles

Foods to avoid

Onions and garlic

Potatoes with skin left on

Bran

Raw or cooked cruciferous vegetables

Raw and dried fruit

Beans, lentils, nuts, and seeds

Whole grain foods

Wild or brown rice

Anything spicy, fried, or tough

Processed or tough meat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.