DD Or Gallbladder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer with DD plus  I  had  my  gallbladder  removed  2 weeks ago.

I'm  suffering  from  awful  stomach  cramps  and  diarrhoea

I don't know if it's  DD or  gallbladder  related.    Any  ideas  please. 

Anyone else get this with DD   ? 

Thanks 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I suffer DD and just finished 10 days of one antibiotic, I had my gallbladder removed over 20 years ago. With gallbladder removal for  awhile after wards you can get diarrhea  especially with certain foods like lettuce and other foods. I had my gallbladder removed when they gutted you k=like a pig had 37 staples! Now they just do a little slit and suck it out! I have internal scar tissue from it!. Whens last time you had to be on antibiotics from DD infection? 2 weeks ago is not enough time to heal up from the surgery you will gradually learn which foods will give you the ruins, I feel its your gallbladder doing it, but to be safe I would call the doctor and explain it to him/her so they can reassure you or if need be see you again. 
    • Posted

Hi I am on antibiotics  now for  DD.    I  have only taken one today,

I  won't take  anymore.   Do I  need  to  see  the  GP ?       

Thanks 

• Posted

I just finished up of been on 10 days of Bactrim antibiotic . The Flagyl  has way to many side affects for me to handle.  Which one are you taking now? Are you doing both antibiotics are one?
    • Posted

I'm on co amoxiflav  but  it makes me  feel  sooo sick. 

I can't cope with  the  side effects  of  others. 

• Posted

Your gallbladder stores bile.  Bile is reabsorbed into the bloodstream through the gut.  There is a condition called malabsorption of bile which can cause diarrhoea.  I had my gallbladder removed five years ago and suffered this following a resection earlier this year.
    • Posted

How  is your  diarrhoea  now ?  Is it any better   ?  
    • Posted

is that antibiotic for your DD how many days do you have to take it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.