ddavp routes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I have had DI and hypopituitarism since I was 16. I have been taking ddavp with the rhinal tube. I only take .05 ml dosage morning and night. I am having trouble getting the rhinal tube and the manufacturer said they are not going to make it anymore. I am devistated because I tried the pill a few years ago and could not regulate it. The pills did not always work and when they did I could not even predict how long it would last. It is difficult to hold it together at work when you have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes and all you can think about is when you can get away for another drink of water. Now the only other option seems to be the spray but the dosage it delivers is too high, I am not sure what to do at this point. Anyone else facing the same problem. Oh and I also have had bags under my eyes for the last few years, I was wondering if anyone else taking nasal ddavp has had the same issues. Thanks in advance for any replies!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi finicky I don't know if you are aware that ddavp comes in a melt tablet that goes under the tounge as well. But I take all three forms and alternate them and I have not had any trouble getting the ddavp with the rhinal tube at all here in Calgary. Hope this helps you out. Thanks Bella

• Posted

Hi I find that the regular pills work much better if I dissolve them under my touge laying in bed at night without talking,in fact if swallow them they don't work at all. In Alberta the melts aren't cover by insurance,at least they weren't 2 years ago. So that's why tried the regular ones this way being you absorb them much better. But I know everyone responds a little different. I use the spray if the pill doesn't get me through the 24 hours till bed time. Maybe try that,and see if it works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.