DDD And Injury

Posted , 2 users are following.

I injured my back at work. I went home thinking that I did nothing more than "pull my back" and I went home, threw a heating pad on for about an hour, fell asleep and when I woke up in the morning was in excruciating pain. I called my boss, went into the Urgent care clinic and was sent home with a prescription of Ibuprofen and muscle relaxers. I was told to be out of work for 3 days and if I did not feel better by then to call my primary care. The next day the pain was in my groin, my lower back, buttock and sharp pains were radiating up from the arch of my foot and my big toe was numb. I could barely walk and went back to my pcp. She prescribed six sessions of physical therapy and told me I would be out for 2 weeks. I did what she asked, started feeling better, still had the dull ache in my back after two weeks with some pain still in my foot and my toe was numb. She made me do the walking on my heels thing, which I had a problem doing and had me bend to touch my toe, which I still couldn't fully do, but was way better at it then I had been when I saw her two weeks earlier. She ordered an MRI and told me I was to be out of work for the next 2-3 weeks pending her follow up. it was almost a full month later when I had the MRI and the results came back showing "Normal" degenerative disk due to the aging process, which I'm happy about because to me that means I don't have anything that serious, but I still have a dull ache in my back and toe numbness. Has anyone ever gone through something like this before and could my pulling a back muscle have aggravated my sciatic nerve and why is it almost a month later that I'm still feeling pain, albeit a very low grade pain if my MRI was "normal"

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It doesnt seem like bone issues according to your doctor, but perhaps its muscle issues. You may have sprained a muscle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.