De quervains and carpal tunnel

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

2 years ago I started to get pain right in the centre of my wrist and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel. I don't get tingling or anything it's just pain. I was also getting pain along my thumb side. If I don't use my hand the pain subsides but when I do things like typing or chopping food or anything it is straight back. Sometimes gets to the point where my wrist feels like it's on fire and I can't do anything. It's now in fingers too.

I have had steroid injections into my carpal tunnel but didn't work and my nerve conduction study was negative. They can however make slight tingling on the phalens test hence positive carpal tunnel. My wrist has been splinted nearly 24/7 for 2 years. 😭

I am going for carpal tunnel surgery now and my surgeon is doing Dr quervains surgery at the same time. My finkelstein test is negative but I get swelling at the side of my wrist where my vein pops out... Has anyone else has this with de quervains?

Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

imageimage

Second pic was a few months after steroid injection hence thinning of skin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.