Dead fishy vaginal odor after sex with husband, but not with other partner. Why?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Husband and I are confused and concerned. Lets make this clear to begin with.

1. Married couple tested regularly with negative tests results. For STD AND VAGINAL INFECTIONS.
  2. Yes, I have another sexual partner besides husband. Yes, he is also tested regularly, with negative results. Yes, my husband does know about these encounters.
  3. Have spoke with gyno. Stated about good and bad bacteria.
  4. Husband does not have another partner.

When I have sex with my sexual partner. My vagina does not have a foul order. I also wait several days before encounters with either my husband or my partner.

Since the first time my husband ever ejaculated in me during intercourse I get a very unpleasant odor. Its smells like well.... a fish hatchery died inside my vagina!!!!. Its insanely horrible smelling. It is ONLY with my husband. Husband and I have went a month with using condoms and there was no odor after intercourse. But as soon as we have unprotected sex, if he ejaculates inside of me I get that horrible smell...

It is making my husband uncomfortable. He thinks something is wrong with his semen. Does anyone else in our situation have this issue, know what to do to help or any suggestions. He is so worried that I'm allergic to only his sperm and its affecting his psyche.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

its bacterial vaginosis

• Posted

u can buy pessaries from the pharmacy or doctors can prescribe clindamycin vaginal cream or metronidiazole tablets

• Posted

the bacteria dosnt live outside the body for very long hence why alot of people get a negative test when they actually have it it dies before it gets to the lab

• Posted

Unfortunately, this is not case. My doctor was troubleshooting to say and actually prescribed me medication. It not improve. He even said he was puzzled and would do futher research.

• Posted

theres nothing else causes that smell fish is almost always bv as fish is an indicater that anerobic bacteria is present which release amines and cause the fish smell i know i had it 4 years was fine when sleeping with my ex partner but i got it only with me new partner so it was something to do with his sperm that was the cause different acidity

• Posted

the medication didnt get rid of it for me like i said it went on for 4 years i had metronidiazole for 5 months plus i tried over counter treatments i used clindamycin vaginal cream and that got rid of it after 4 years

• Posted

Actually there are multiple infections that can cause a fishy odor. I was convinced i had bv because of the fish odor but it turned out just to be a yeast infection! Anyways, is it possible your test results could be a false negative? I got tested for infections twice before something came back as positive. I've gotten irritated and gotten infections from certain sexual partners but not from others. Some guys can just irritate your vagina more than others i guess, for a variety of reasons. Also ive experienced a bad smell after having a guy ejaculate inside me as well, im pretty sure thats common. Just wash yourself and try to get all the semen out so it doesnt start to smell.

• Posted

there bv ..trich ..and cervical cancer that cause foul smells i was told by my doctor that the most common infection that causes a fish smell is bv and its always after sex because sperm disrupts the ph balance of the vagina its not normal to smell like fish after sex its a vaginal infection

• Posted

yeast is bread or beer smell

• Posted

Its odd

So basically this is a new thing. So I had intercourse with my husband within 12 hrs I got the horrible smell. I doushed with a PH balance. It disappeared after 3 days. Day 5 I had intercourse with my other steady partner. NOTHING... Normal. for 16 days. then i had sex with husband and BAM smell. did the same thing basically on day 2 afterward gone. Had sex with sexual partner on what would of been 3 days after intercourse with husband... nothing no smell. So again cant be a infection. Contacted dr. I went yesterday another negative test. Doctor whats me to call to come in after i have intercourse.with hisband to test me to see if he can find something. Partner got tested top yestersay he has nothing.... Just fustrating.

• Posted

yes. i have this same issue. and its just with my husband after he ejaculates in me. its very embarrassing & i dont know what to do. like i don't have other partners but when i pleasure myself either with my fingers or toys, i have no odor. I've went for testing and they are always negative for stds & bv. so im confused. is it him or is it me?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.