Dealing with anxiety / depression getting worse alongside a new job, I need help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I have suffered anxiety for a few years but in the past month it has become increasingly bad. I can't bring myself to get out of bed, go to work or even call in sick. I only started this job 4 weeks ago and have had 4 days off sick due to the anxiety. It is just getting worse and worse. I don't know what to do. Part of me wishes I had a physical problem so at least people could see & understand why I'm bed ridden. I have awful thoughts of harming myself just so I have a reason for some help.

I don't want to lose my job or look bad to the company. But my anxiety is so bad I physically cannot force myself to go to work. What should I do? I have organised meetings with a psychiatrist that will last 6 weeks but they start in January. How can I explain to my work what is happening and how do I get past this?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You really need to keep yourself calm do something to keep your mind off of it I know it's hard because if not you're just going to make it worse

• Posted

I'm going threw similar issues I was at a stage several weeks ago couldn't go out but slowly I have went docs he gave me medication which helps to days I would just to nuthing u should never think of harming yourself there is people to help always someone on here to speak to I have found this site very helpful life looks dull at moment will get better see you're doctor tell him you're fears speak to family close friends of u ever need to talk in here

• Posted

Hey

Please consult your GP, get something for your anxiety.

Also do excersice, I read somewhere that excersice increases your endurance level also helps you to get rid of stress hormones.

I do excersice every morning also try some breathing excersice, it helps you to calm down.

You can talk to us if you are feeling low, but please don't do anything.

You will be just fine.... Trust me 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.