Dealing with GB issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

All of this information has been so helpful to me. As I am experiencing most of the same symptoms many of you had posted on here. A laundry list I had to start writing down because I couldn't remember them all when going into the doctor's office. Most of them would come and go, but that nagging pain (stabbing, aching) under my right rib pain was most constant. At first didn't realize it was GB issues because I was recovering from Kidney stone surgery, with stent placement. When I insisted to my GP that this pain was different, I insisted on a HIDA scan, in which I had just heard about. Within a week I was scheduled for that and now scheduled for surgery next Tuesday. After going to my GP office 1-2 times a week for 2 months, I finally have some answers and relief in sight. I am amazed at how long some of you have had to deal with all of these symptoms. Within the last few days things have progressively gotten worse, and I have become pretty weak because I can't hardly eat anything without it hurting very badly.

Thank you to all who have shared their stories, it really does help. Makes me feel like I am not alone in all of this, family and friends try their best to understand, but its hard.

If you feel that there is something wrong don't give up, be your own health advocate. I was tired of going into my GP's office, but I wanted answers because deep down I knew there was something wrong. I had a gut feeling from the beginning that it was my GB and I was right.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Had my HIDA scan today. How soon did u get the results?

• Posted

I had the scan on Tuesday at 10 and by Thursday at around 11 I was calling to get results. So about 48 hours.

• Posted

They should have asked where the results are going to or who ordered the test initially. Call them if you don't hear anything by Tuesday morning. What kind of symptoms did you have during the test???? That's how I knew before I even got the results back that my GB was in fact not working right.

• Posted

Been shocking. Started in January with bad reflux that couldnt be controlled with an ache on the right side going around the back. Funny looking stools with mucus and light. Clear endoscopy and colonoscpy and also a normal ultrasound. Last few weeks headaches after eating and nothing wrong with blood tests all coming back normal.

• Posted

Sounds like it could be your GB, did you have any symptoms during the HIDA scan after they gave you the IV solution???

• Posted

Ok just be sure to tell your doctor that you had some symptoms from the test. My symptoms have gotten worse everyday since the test.

• Posted

i hear you.i have a long list too my pain seems to be right under my breastbone but if i lay a certain way i can feel it under my right ribcage.when you lose over 10 lbs in alittle over a month like I am thats not normal.we do know our bodies and I've never experienced this before.hard to have a normal day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.