Dealing with OTHERS emotions suddenly harder to handle??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm not sure what is going on with me, or if I'm just getting back to my old self, but suddenly peoples moods and attitudes really push my buttons.. My fiance is unbelievably supportive of this issue since the beginning. He doesn't understand it, but he tries.. But he gets these mood swings where he will get mad at me and give me the silent treatment because my anxiety will make me a bit short with everyone.. I tell him never to take it personal unless I say it's him, but he always does..

Its almost like he tries to make himself out as the victim like "oh my god, she's so mean to me for no reason".. That just irritates me even more because he knows I can't control it sometimes and then he makes it go on the entire day. Literally, he will sit and pout for hours at a time when I'm completely over it.

Today he was in a little mood so I ignored it. He went to work 7 hours ago and he knew I wasn't feel well today. Hasn't talked to me, asked how I'm doing, anything.. I know I'm being a bit over dramatic because arguing with him does give me bad anxiety, but it's just so irritating. I seriously almost texted him today and told him not to come home.

Anyone else have outbursts about peoples moods that never really would've bothered you before?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

All the time

Been with my wife now for near on fifty years and sometimes we push eachothers buttons now, if we are in a funny mood in company we make light of it and that seems to help. If you can laugh at eachothers moods it can be a nice leveller.

We all irritate eachother at times, Let your relationship grow by knowing eachother

BOB

• Posted

Pay close attention to what finally ends the standoff so you can bring it to a close earlier. What does he need to hear in terms of an apology
  • Posted

Turns out it was a huge miscommunication but I let it all out this morning.. The way i realized how much I overreacted is I actually told him to pack his bags and leave my house..

Yeah.. Pack his bags and leave my life because he didn't ask how i was feeling. I'm so overdramatic sometimes haha.

I ended up texting him this morning and we went for a walk with the kids then he bought me lunch and coffee before i started working on my shop again.

• Posted

I remember I used to sulk whenever me and my ex were not seeing eye to eye. In retrospect I feel I was over reacting and needed to get over it more quickly. But then again with me there were underlying insecurities which I harboured.

This is partly why she's my ex now. My bad.

• Posted

I got the same issues with insecurities. I'm not even sure why, but you would seriously think I've been cheated on by every person I date. In reality I just watch too many lifetime movies and have a general distrust of every male stemming from it lol

• Posted

Ah yeah. I think TV has a lot to answer for. I too used to watch too much TV. I was shy and wouldn't naturally want to interact with the human race.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.