Dealing with pain every year for the past 6+ years

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past 6+ I have been dealing with pain/burning sensation around my leg area, mostly ankles and feet, the bottom of my feet seems tinted orange(?), the pain comes back every year around the start of the autumn. I tried painkillers, allergy pills(since I was convinced I was season allergy) and more but nothing seems to REALLY help, I also been to the hospital but they also just gave me painkillers. I've also started going to therapy, not related to the pain, and my therapist said that the pain might be caused by traumatic events, now I'm quite skeptical but it seems REALLY weird that the pain comes every year, also besides it coming every year, I also experience the same pain when I walk too much.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I get why they'd put it down to allergies but maybe the reason you get it the same time every year isn't a seasonal/climate/temperature thing. Maybe it's something in your own lifestyle that is more prominent this time of year (I.e. school holidays and you have kids so you're on your feet more, literally anything).

The pain symptoms you are having sound a lot like inflammation. How far up your leg does this pain go to & is the pain the worse on the bottom of your feet? It sounds like a plantar fasciitis that's been left untreated. When it's untreated, PF can cause pretty chronic pain and additional foot issues. I.e. heel spurs, bursatitis, tendonitis, plantar fascia ruptures, bruised heels, the list goes on. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than one individual thing causing this, that you had something causing the pain originally but due to misdiagnoses, it was either untreated or the treatment process you were doing for what you were misdiagnosed could of caused what you had to worsen. Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

I'm no professional but I've had every foot issue in the world and I totally understand how debilitating it can be.

Best thing i recommend is when your symptoms are bad, or when you've been on your feet :

1. RICE

Rest | Ice | Compression | Elevation

2. Shock absorbing insolves, or custom insoles from a podiatrist.
    3. Have you had an MRI?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.