Dealing with some anxiety right now

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys I'm dealing with some anxiety for the last 12 hours or so, I'm feeling very tense and tired from lack of sleep because every time I come close to falling asleep I jerk and wake up which I'm thinking is because of my anxiety. I kinda feel a bit out of it and I'm wondering if you guys have some tips for how to get past this

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Download a relaxation audio it works wonders to help ground u and help you relax xx
  • Posted

Hi mate last week I was trying to go sleep and I kept falling asleep waking up and gasping for air I thought this was heart related but it was anxiety I was so tied from working so much and having no sleep ( many factors ) baby, early starts etc etc any way I was feeling like poo check out my blog I was begging for help of others on here. They all said sleep just sleep I did and for the last 5 days I've felt great. Best I've been in a long time. Basically just what people have said to me on hear snapped me out of it. Just relax in bed think good things happy times and knowing the fact that me and others have gone through what you are now. Maybe this helps I don't know but it did for me.
    • Posted

Hi   For two weeks I have been waking up at night feeling like I need to take a deep breath.  I am ok during the day.  My ribs get very tight sometimes & I know that is muscular.

Tomorrow I see a heart doctor & I am very nervous.  I am hoping it is "just" anxiety & not heart related or sleep apnea.  I am afraid to go to sleep.  I had anxiety many times in my life but I am older & I guess anything is possible.   Wish me luck.

• Posted

Hi,try having a bath and avoid caffine have a herbal tea and go to bed ,if you wake up try putting on radio very low not music LBC is a non music station it might make you tied and fall asleep.You did not say what your anxiety is.
  • Posted

Hi, Kyle:  I also suffer badly from anxiety, but I also have sleep apnea...Please have your doctor check you for that.  It can be serious and life threatening if it gets so bad.  It is where you actually forget to breath, and wake up very quickly..You may not have this, but please ask your doctor...all you need is a sleep test....Hope this helps...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.