Dealing with the bad days

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today I feel I have taken a huge step backwards.  I have only been back on sertraline a few weeks so I know it’s early days but I had been really starting to feel better and then today, for god knows what reason, anxiety is full on again.  Finally gave in just now and took diazepam but I know that’s not a great way to manage the bad days.   I have had lots of palps today and feelings of overwhelming heat and panic, my head feels foggy and I’m just totally off.  Why can a person feel fine one day and then so awful the next, it’s baffling and leaves you feeling a bit hopeless.   sad 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura,

I feel exacley the same, Axiours frightened, and shaking,been on 75mg 3days. Since taking 50mg really trying to cope. I’m up down like a yo yo.

Let’s pray tomorrow will be a better day.

GP won’t give me no more Diaspam or sleeping pills referred me Mental Health services. Waiting on them now, 

Your not alone Laura, we feel crap together forgive the pun. 😂 

• Posted

I know how you feel. I have great days and then a bad day comes along. Like today i just dont feel like myself. I feel like i could have an anxiety attack but doesn't happen, which i guess is a good thing. But alittle shakey, i have been very busy with a family reunion so I'm kinda worn out. But i wish we could get an answer to your question. 😎

• Posted

Hi Brenda,

I think we have to try and cope with this, saying that, it’s very difficult when you feel so Axiours, sad, and sometimes unwell.

It’s great that we have this forum at least we know where not alone.

God bless for now.🤣

• Posted

I have literally spent the whole day just trying to stay calm it’s torture.   I keep trying to figure out why I feel so bad today and that’s probably not helping me.   No wonder you feel stressed, family reunion would be so hard for me right now, hope you are feeling calmer tomorrow.   
  • Posted

I was doing ok on 75 and then I was feeling more anxious so I thought I’d try 100. I was miserable yesterday. Went back to 75 today. Have a terrible headache. I have been on Zoloft for 11 weeks and I’m still having problems. 

Do you think this is the wrong drug for me? 

• Posted

Hi Deborah,

It might be that the dose is to low, i’ve Just gone from 50mg to 75mg I think you have to give it a couple weeks to give it a chance, I hoping that’s  the case because at the moment I feel terrible, However, it’s only been three days since I increased  it.

Hope you feel better.🌈

• Posted

Hi Deborah,

You should be feeling a lot better by now, forgot to mention that, have a chat with your doctor.

Best wishes.🦋

• Posted

It’s hard to say.   I think our expectations with ssri sometimes are too high, they aren’t going to cure us, they just help a bit.   It would be lovely if they did just fix us wouldn’t it.  I would go back and chat to your doc I think.  
  • Posted

It’s just so soul destroying when you feel like you are constantly climbing a hill only to slip back down, it’s hard to keep the positive self talk going when you just can’t figure out the cause.   I guess it’s part of the process and we just need to have faith that it will get better.   Just having such a low day today and nobody to talk it over with so it helps being able to chat on here.   Does anyone else get like a burning sensation in their body like your blood is on fire, I get this when I feel high anxiety, it passes in moments but it’s super scary, feels like my head might pop it’s very uncomfortable and  scares the crap outta me.  
    • Posted

Hi Laura,

Yes it feels like that, your not alone in how you feel.

Sometimes you can’t even talk to the people you suppose to be close to because you feel there fed up with you.

That’s what Axiety, and Depression does.

However, we will reach the top of the hill together come what may.

Tomorrow Laura will be a day of sunshine not rain, wait and see.

Send you Gods blessings.🤣

• Posted

Aw I hope tomorrow is better too blondey.   I try to talk to hubby but he just doesn’t get it and I do think he is fed up with me at times, so i generally just keep my feelings to myself which makes me feel isolated.    Its a very lonely illness at times isnt it.  
  • Posted

Yea, it sure is  Laura, 

I seem to loose my patience very quickly which isn’t always fair to my husband

However, that’s what Depression and anxiety does to you.

I just hope I can start to have better days and get on with life and I wish the Same for you.

Sending God’s blessings🦋

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.