Dealing with this dreadfull disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had over 13 surgeries since 2009. The surgeries help but as soon as you get operated on in one location another area gets infected. I've had both armpits done successfully, buttocks, groin, inner thighs operated on. I've been infected in most commonly known areas of this disease and still have lesions flaring up. I've been disabled due to this dreadful condition and I'm only 48. Anbody have any recommendations. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey, am 27 yrs old. got this condition when i was 13, i basically diagnosed it myself and Google haha. . after seeing a few doctors with no real help, i stopped searching. i have just dealt with it myself ,at this point i think am at stage 2, maybe 3. i have a lot of scars in my armpit area and they continously discharge pus because channels and folds have form in there. I sometimes get some cysts under my breast and my groins, but they usually diminish and temporary dissapear. I was told that surgeries are a last option because like you said, new boils will transfer to other places etc. but something that has help me was Accutane, I finished that treatment 2 months ago, and to be honest, i havent flared up in my armpits, its not gone, i can feel some activity in there but they havent swollen to the point of being painful and plus i bought wipes to keep the area clean and i apply this cream my dermatologist recommended, which dries up any lumps that i start to feel when they are about to form in other parts of my body. I did have a lot of chest and back acne, and this treatment  cleared it all up smile it was really a confidence booster, but am optimistic , my next step is to try laser hair removal, have you tried that?? and how severe is yours?
  • Posted

Hey JB

Sorry to hear about all those surgeries. Their is a light at the end of every tunnel. I got HS first when i was 11, I am now 21. During this time I have had multiple surgeries and injections from areas in the groin, buttocks, face, and even my neck. Just last year after my final surgery and hopefully my last ever I started taking Humira. This drug is a miracle drug because since that last surgery I have not had a single flare up in the past year which is a first since being 11 years old *knock on wood* . I am able to be as active as I want to be now and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend looking into Humira, I was hesitant at first but sometimes life is about risks and this horrid disease is worth taking risks over. I hope this helps!

• Posted

I lived with this for 18 years. It's awful. Very emotional draining disease so I understand. I am 30 now and I believe I figured out my trigger!! I can safely say I'm seven months free without any flare up! I tried everything like most people and to no avail. Back in January of this year 2017 I had a gut feeling that I needed to cut out sugar. Sure enough the minute I stopped eating candy, ice cream, sugary drinks absolutely no flareup period! I can eat fresh fruit that's perfectly fine so I know my cause is white sugar. I'm so excited that I just want to tell everybody in case sugar is someone else's poison. I know that some people discover other foods being there Ishie you or find relief with medications but nothing else worked for me and maybe the story can help somebody else! I'm so excited that I just want to tell everybody in case sugar is someone else's poison. I know that some people discover other foods being there problem or find relief with medications but nothing else worked for me and maybe the story can help somebody else i'm just so happy because I've never felt so free in my entire life my adolescence was taken away by emotional strain and misery so this is like a whole new life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.