Deanna

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello, my name is Jean,. and I have all the symptoms of having Celiac Disease and am waiting to have tests for a diagnosis ..

But I thought I was helping myself by buying gluten free foods, started off with gluten free bread and then got other things like cornflakes , mini pancakes, cakes etc Now I am told I can't have tests because the gluten is out of my system, and have to go back to non gluten free foods to get an acurate diagnosis .. but not for a few weeks, until I have been on my 'normal' diet again for a while ..

I just thought I would warn anybody else that may be trying to save the GP's time by doing something about it myself , please Don't or else you have to go back to square one again ...

before you can be tested..

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi jean, don't worry too much i was told to stop gluten free food and my medication before my test. it was agony to do so so i didn't and i told the doctor's that. you need to as much as possible go without gluten free subconsciously so try not to remain strict on purpose. just forget about the test and do it the best you can. i wish you luck, the worst you'll get is an inconclusive result the best whichever way you look at it is a positive result. if you have enough antibodies it will show up on the test anyway. if you are coeliac they'll see it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.