Dear Gordon

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dear Gordon (Brown)

The moderators of this very fine site have asked you to read through some of the patients' experiences in this section.

If you are here, then I guess you are doing just that. And I hope you do, because the NHS under Labour is an absolute shambles and my friend it always will be no matter how much money you throw at it because it is fundamentally flawed. And setting up new Quangos and hiring new Managers etc isn't making any of us any better. History has shown it doesn't make a scrap of difference. HIRE MORE DOCTORS! HIRE MORE NURSES! STOP CLOSING DOWN THE MEDICAL SCHOOLS AND ENSURE THAT ALL NEWLY QUALIFIED NURSES MIDWIVES AND PHYSIOTHERAPISTS ARE GIVEN A JOB! AND HIRE SOME PROPER CLEANERS!

It is no fun being in pain, for month after month, just hoping that this may be the month that you may get some treatment. It is totally un-necessary and unpleasant. How would the country cope if you when off sick with a back problem for months on end? How would you feel with severe ongoing pain, pumped full of addictive Class B drugs just the get you through the day? How would you survive on SSP, knowing that if you don't get back to work you risk losing your house because you can't pay the mortgage?

So Gordon, instead of relying on your paid flunkies, giving you advice on how it is, why not meet up with some of us here, to find out the reality of 'Life on a Waiting List'

Trulyfedup!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

:magic: way to go , tfu

if this does in fact get viewed. i on the other hand have not had any more news from morriston hospital, but there again do i expect any NO! .... all the best gail

• Posted

Hi trulyfedup

This particular thread is more a political discussion about the health service in general than a patient experience and therefore, in our opinion, in the wrong forum. We do have a place for political and/or general discussion - http://experience.patient.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=607 so would you mind if we moved it there and maybe gave it the heading real views from real people?

We think we are more likely to get a response from someone in authority as an answer to cries for help, ie by directing them specifically to the various postings on doctors appointment, hospital appointments, lack of information, lack of communication etc. Of course we will also encourage them to read the general health/political discussions.

Patient Admin

• Posted

Hi Gail

I never really thought of myself as a revolutionary before, but something has to be done.

See my next post on time limits. Hopefully you will hear soon. I'm guessing they picked you out of the list for help because they know they are close to or have missed the national time limits. If they have, I'd ask them about it. If they admit it, I'd just say \"thanks very much but I'll go private!!\"

Good luck!!

TFU

• Posted

Thanks moderator

But I think my post belongs right here, along side my other posts on my pain, suffering, and the appalling wait for NHS surgery for my prolapsed disc. My post is not political, and like any other reader Gordon is quite welcome to respond. It does in fact very specifically mention back problems. If you have directed him to this section of the Patient Experience website, then this is where he needs to read our views. I would hope that this becomes a very long thread with all the regular users and others adding their voice. We are the people that are suffering, he needs to know that. He needs to get in touch with what the reality of the situation is. We all have our individual voices but alone they count for very little. As we have all found out when individually we have tried to get surgery dates for our condition. This is our chance for him to read our recent posts and now for us to give him our individual views. From the people with prolapsed disc problems.

I am not a government basher, just a middle aged professional lady, who has been in a lot of pain since January. So bad that in May I was taken to a mental hospital because of the severe pain/pain and hyperventiling. That changed my life forever, even though I was released after a few hours. For every person here there will be a defining moment for them in their journey of pain. Frustration and anger too. The NHS has failed us, that is why we write here. If our experiences had been wonderful we wouldn't need to write. Personally I have several useful ideas about how people with prolapsed discs can be helped that I would love to share with Gordon Brown. This site is the 21st century suggestion box. But he needs to see our comments to him, alongside all of our comments.

We read much in the papers about the number of working hours lost each year due to back problems. If he is to have any understanding of the subject then he needs to listen to us sufferers. What can be done to get us back to work quickly? How can we be helped to quicker surgery? If he is going to read these messages then let some good come of it, for both him and us!!! :arrow: Let us move this problem forward :!:

trulyfedup

P.S People are already responding, within minutes of it going up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.