Death anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Just having a really bad anxiety attack about dying . It's not the dyeing it's the thought of it being a forever thing . I get really hot heart palpitations ect then I start drinking and taking diazepams and it gos away but then in the morning it's even worse . I have a great job which Im ruining and a partner who's supportive but what if he can't handle ME any more and leaves ! I've been to the doctors and they gave me meds a week ago but nothing's changed :-( I hate it :-(

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You have said everything other than the most important thig.

YOU ARE STILL THE SAME PERSON THAT YOU WERE., but you have health problems.

Your partner will continue to support you, and you are not going to die until you are of a grand old age, so please stop worrying about things.

You have enough on your plate at the moment - yes?

• Posted

Thank you for your supportive reply . I read some peoples problems on here and there so much worse than mine . I feel selfish writing things . Sometimes it just takes a nice reply like yours to calm you down . Thank you
    • Posted

You are certainly not being selfish.

If anything you are being quite normal, because it is normal for us to worry what will happen around us when we become ill.

If I were you I would apply all my strength to getting well, and everything else will fall into place.

And I thought I would just mention this is passing, you sound like a really nice person and your partner is extremely lucky to have you around.

Get well soon

• Posted

HI , I have the exact same fear. I get panic attacks if I let my self think of it to much and other wise It is anxiety I get when in wants to creep into my head. Have you also tried therapy? I have decided to go to therapy to try to face some of these fears in hopes I can come to a place of exceptance which I hope it will lessen it. And according to some that I have been doing research on life after death we dont know that there isnt more that kinda helps me too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.