Death Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey everyone. i have been dealing with thoughts about death for a little over two weeks. constantly thinking i’m going to die soon. i even have thoughts about how everyone would be after i died, how i’d be remembered etc. these thoughts are consuming me. i have so many panic and anxiety attacks thinking about it. please let me know if can anyone relate?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ashley, I can relate I’ve had similar thoughts and had panic attacks in the last 4 weeks just out of nowhere - they dominated my mind but seemed to have eased at the moment due to thinking that i’m Still here and lived through the panic attacks which aren’t life threatening. I’ve had a few trips to the docs as well to get checked out so for some reassurance maybe get there, I’ve started anti depressants as of yesterday and have cbt course coming up soon...explore those avenues if it keeps happening smile 
  • Posted

Hey 

Sounds like your in a bit of a swirl 

And you are fixating on these thoughts 

Which has got you into a vicious circle thinking about it panics you and you can't stop thinking king about it 

Did something trigger these thoughts someone close to you passed away or maybe you even seen it happen on TV 

Truth is you are anxious and horrible thoughts creep in and you can't seem to shake them off 

You have to deal with them head on 

We all die at some point but it's 0% chance it will be soon 

Try to read about negative and fixated thoughts been part of anxiety and look into working on dealing with your anxierty life style , excersise , stop drinking alchol , concentrate on your positive side of like children family etc 

You can overcome this just don't get yourself down try and laugh at it 

DONT worry to much i know it can be distressing it will pass 

• Posted

Fear of death is a very common anxiety thought. But just remember, no matter how much you think about it or may even feel like you are dying (panic attacks), you cannot THINK yourself into death!

I highly suggest seeing a therapist, that's what I do. I used that website Psychology Today to find one, which made it really easy. Try searching for one who specializes in anxiety and/or phobias as that will be more beneficial for you.

I think once you talk to someone you will feel a lot better, that's the case for most people. Sometimes just saying your thoughts out loud to others makes them so much less scary, and the therapist could also help you cope with it and maybe even understand why you are having these thoughts, too.

• Posted

Do you have any physical symptoms? If not, then you're just overthinking something. cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.