death of a loved one and GAD

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm 25 and suffer with GAD. I see a normal counsellor and for last 5 months have seen a human givens counsellor which help me managed to cut down my medication in half in the short time I saw her but it has now stopped as she thought i was reday to self treat with mindfulness . Anyway two weeks ago my grandad died, he was in hospital for a week but other than that it was not expected. I'm am struggling very badly now with chest pains, panic attacks and general anxiety. I don't want to up my medication again as it was very hard to lower it and I'm trying for a baby with my partner. My mum suffers with very bad depression and when my nan passed away (15 years ago) my mums depression was at its worse and she was sectioned. I'm scared of this happening again but I'm also scared of the feeling im having. I thought I was getting better and now I feel I'm right back where I started and I don't want to let my partner down. He was so happy when he could see me improving and I don't want to break his heart by telling him how much I'm struggling. Any help or just encouraging words would be lovely. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You'll feel loads better opening up to your partner,it's not going backwards luv you've just had a stressful time losing your grandad so your bound to feel anxious and down xx
    • Posted

Thank you for replying. I'm scared of letting him down though, he knows I'm struggling a bit and iv told him that my anxiety is up but he can't really appricate it. It honestly feels like I'm walking throw mud and if I stop for even a second I'm gunna drown but all I want to do is stop. Does that make sense? Xx
    • Posted

It makes sense but you need to tell him everything even if u babble,it will ease u letting it out and know your not letting him down,partnership is all about sharing each other's problems xx
    • Posted

I don't want him worrying about me though because he blames himself when I'm down. He feels like if he did more I would be happier but I have explained to him that that isn't the case and it's my problem. I'm really trying to keep my medication down but with work being rubbish as well at the moment it's really hard. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.