Deb

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husbands ferritin levels keep rising was600 then blood test month later 625 then went to 762 a month later but has been told hemortois test is normal

What is wrong

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie 

Are you in the uk or USA.I have a uk ferritin level of 385 .The nhs in the uk have a guideline red flag is 400 and above.They have told me I don’t have hemocromatosis despite having one faulty gene.I feel dreadful most of the time but they say it’s nothing to do with the ferritin and that I have chronic fatigue syndrome.I am not convinced as my ferritin level has been borderline on the last three readings.I tried to donate blood because this will reduce the ferritin but they refused saying it would make my chronic fatigue worse.Feel frustrated and exhausted.Hope that helps 

• Posted

Haemochromatosis depends on other levels besides ferritin in the Iron Studies blood test too.  Your husband/you needs to push his dr for other tests and answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.