Debbie R

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started Ozempic two weeks ago. When I took my shot today I did not wait 6 sec. before removing the needle (the counter did go to zero. Now I don't know if I should redo the shot. Help please.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would say no, do not redo the shot.

Even if you saw a little liquid pop back out, still do not do so.

But you can watch your BG readings a little more carefully, and only if you see a problem there should you worry about anything.

I've never used this, but it looks like the amount injected is very small. Keeping the needle in place for a few seconds is just a precaution. Six seconds seems a long time, too - for insulin I think I was told only 3 seconds (I only did that for a few weeks). And even when I forgot, or when I did hold it that long but still saw a little "squirt" after, it was fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.