Decade long, unexplained chest pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

The problem started a long back, It started as a very sharp pain in lower part of the left breast/chest. This type of pain used to occur once or twice a year; the stong pain used to there but the goes away after 2/3 minutes. I had been to a cardiologist back in 2009/2010 and the doctor said there was no heart issue but said with some male with large breast can have something like ...(I don't remember what exactly the issue he said). He gave some medicine according to that. After taking that medicine, sudden/random pain didn't come back for few long years(however I cannot confirm that was due to medicine or not). But back in 2015, I got that random/strange very very sharp pain in lower part of the left breast again out of blue. But this time it was not like before, just a minute after the pain I started having shortness of breath, sweating and almost fainted. However, that didn't last long and I felt fine. I was taken to emergency and doctor confirmed it was NOT a heart attack but they couldn't say what exactly it was. The same day I was discharged from hospital but I felt dizziness, tiredness, and sleepiness for that entire day. From that day, this issue has taken a major turn. Now the steady pain always remains on left chest and sometimes it radiates to the upper chest. And again without any warning, the steady pain tries to turn into sharp pain (i am saying it tries to because when it felt like the sharp pain is about to trigger if I hold my body and slow down the breath, it holds up; not sure if it always works like this).

I have been to several doctors by now. The last one thought it was "Costochondritis" and gave three months dose of Naproxen, But even during I was under med the issue continued. Surely, that didn't help. Had heart tests with two different cardiologists in recent times and both said there is no issue with heart. Even chest x-ray doesn't show anything. Other common medical like ibuprofen, NSAIDs has no effect. If it was just a pain I could care less, but once sharp pain trigger, my body heats up, cause rapid breathing and dull head too. when the problem started several years back, there used to be only very sharp pain for few minutes and there was NO issue of shortness of breath or body heating up. Which means the condition is gradually getting worse as years passing by. It has turn life into misery and I think I am developing anxiety disorder due to this.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Forgot to mention, I am 29 year old, Male

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.