Decades of this ...

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was diagnosed with this when I was 25. I had already had it for over two years. I went to doctor when it first happened at 23 - after I had called ambulance for them to come check me out - My doctor hooked me up to 14 pointer and said he saw irregular rhythm and put me on Ismo(sp?). Pharmacist was amazed and said my doc must be crazy! I took for a month before stress test  - passed stress test and stopped Ismo. Relieved that my heart was OK, I lived with pain. Two years and it got worse - I had since moved to same state as Mayo - so I went there.

After countless tests - Costochondritis was diagnosis. I was given

Toradol because it hurt so bad - but it did not help. I was never told that there was more treatment possible and still live with the pain - which manifests itself all through my ribs and chest area. I am now 48 ....

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've also noticed that reducing stress and anxiety via various means is the only way to control and sometimes temporarily reduce or even remove the pain but then I get back into the grind and the pain comes back with a vengeance reminding me once again to "chill out" and there goes the cycle again and again ... I drink a lot of chamomile tea lately which helps me stay mellow w/o the use of pharmacology ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.