Decaf coffee still high anxiety still?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've been doing ok with my HR since I've been on my upped dose.. It's been mostly very calm, even during panic attacks. Today is a different story. It's my birthday so I'm going to be eating things I normally wouldn't allow myself to eat, which is making me a bit stressed but thats ok. Anyways, I treated myself to a pumpkin spice latte decaf today.. I have hardly had anything sugary since last December..

My issue is I had it earlier this morning.. I noticed I was getting a bit jittery even though it was decaf so I stopped drinking it halfway through.

Now I feel like my heart is racing and I almost can't catch my breath. (i know it's because I'm taking shallow breaths because I'm anxious now)

Do you all not drink decaf either? I was wondering why I was so anxious last week, where I had 2 decaf lattes two days in a row.. Coincidentally the same days I was majorly anxious.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Happy birthday if you normally have pumpkin spice latte maybe you have a food allergy or sensitivity to Something in the coffee

• Posted

Happy Bday-I stay away from Caffeine and sugar as much as possible, anxiety is worse when I have either, decaf I don't drink but If i was you and this drink is causing issues now just pass on it, something in it is causing a reaction. 

• Posted

Happy birthday!

I still personally drink decaf and sometimes half caf. I love Starbucks

• Posted

Thank u everyone. I used to drink them allllllll the time before this anxiety hit, but I now can't handle anything aside from water.. Guess the amount if sugar in the pumpkin syrup was just too much. Guess I'll only have those once a month as a major treat or something lol

• Posted

I felt that coffee heightened by anxiety symptoms but my cbt therapist told me to continue to drink it, in safe doses obviously as avoiding it is another way of restricting your life uneccesarily. Even if it makes you anxious you need to get used to and over these feelings. Easy said than done though :-/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.