Decided to come back!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone.

For those who are new to me, I was on this site some months ago but left for certain reasons that my friends understood at the time. Things became very negative so I switched sites.

I missed you all and have decided to return.

Not having a very good time of it and the other sites were not particularly friendly so I need my old friends again!

I have had so many diagnoses over the last few months and have been very unwell. The CS is causing me a nightmare and I had a particularly bad experience with the Neurosurgeon. He decided, after a 10 min consultation which included an 'examination', that I have nothing wrong with me? Then I saw the Rheumo who told me that the Neuro had written in his report that I have advanced CS?? Left me very confused. Will tell you more about it later but the upshot is that I have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia as well. I also have diabetes and costochondritis among other things. The list of conditions grows and my GP thinks I have a chance of a world record?? He always did think he was funny.

So, I'm back and hope my old friends are still around and will be nice to make some new ones too.

Take care and say hello soon. Missed you all

Lyn x

Guess what? Still not entitled to DLA as I don't fit their criteria? Mind you, I've only had a 2 year fight with them so need to keep fighting for another 2 years before I could get anywhere.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kathy, I'm early 50s and live in North Wales. I think we are all suffering but I just whine about it more haha. Where are you in the world? Anywhere near me?

Janner, did you have a hard day at the office Dear, so nice to be home again? I think it was you that I saw on facebook? You know the names that come up as 'people you may know'? Was going to message to see but then lost you again. Good to see you back and are you getting my e-mails? I know what you mean about the performance to get back into the site, nightmare!!!

Speak soon Everyone x x

• Posted

hi lyn,no not now im in bournemouth,but originally from rochdale and my hubby is from ellsmere port i am 49 .. i also moan but it dont get any better..i think its an age thing lol ..speak again soon i hope kathy.
  • Posted

Hi Kathy, my e-mail is if you want to mail for a chat at any time. You will find me on facebook with this mail address as well. Easier to chat by mail etc as I have to keep signing in on here. They used to have a 'keep me signed in' button but it's gone now. x x

An email address has been removed as it is our policy to not display them in posts.

Emis Moderator

• Posted

P.S. Is there an in box anymore so private messages can be sent????
  • Posted

Hi lynb,

I have had to remove your email address as we don't show these on the site as anyone can then use it. I will email Kathy separately and pass your message on.

There is no private messaging function at the moment, this has been highlighted as a development request. You can see what suggestions have been put forward by clicking the Feedback icon in the top right of the screen and vote for ideas to be introduced or reinstated.

I forgot to mention, the remember me function to save from signing in every time has also been put forward.

Regards,

Emis Moderator

• Posted

i do not think there is! lyn you can add me has a friend on fb my name is kath citygirl oliver has your email has been removed thanx kathy x
  • Posted

Hi Folks,

Firstly Lyn I am on FB and you can easily find me by using my name which is in my email address.

I was awarded DLA last July due to CS causing so many problems with my hands. I got it because I cannot prepare a meal using fresh meat & veg, I cannot peel veg due to poor grip etc.

CS has started causing me a lot of dizzyness again when I turn my head or look up, crossing a road when there is a lot of traffic to watch is very dangerous at times.

One annoying thing here in Cornwall is that the Council is now going to make those of us who have a free bus pass pay 50p for each "free" journey from April 1st.

I will be moving house in a few weeks. I currently have a privately rented flat but have now been awarded a brand new 2 bed house with a housing association. I will have to deal with stairs but can cope if I go careful.

Catch you all later.

• Posted

Hi lynb. I empathise friend, and have a small smile at your words.

For many years I attended my GP with particular aches and pains. Funny but Fybromyalgia was my doctor's favourite heading for the constant pain in my left upper arm, for many of those years.

In my late teens and early twinties I had real problems with dizziness. Once they diagnosed Cervical Spondylosis, and looked back my history, I was told that it has probably always been there.

• Posted

Hi Everyone

Great news at last . .

I've received a letter this morning saying I am entitled to DLA for an indefinate period, higher rate mobility as I am virtually unable to walk and lower rate care as I am unable to prepare a meal. It's only taken 3 years to get an award and I'm very happy with it. However, I only received it as I now have COPD amongst my other conditions and am breathless all the time. I never got it due to my CS though.

How are you all doing with this horrible rainy weather? It's going to finish me off as it affects my breathing and my bones ache constantly. I'm suffering with terrible fatigue and so tired all the time but can't sleep properly.

Hope everyone is coping and the pain isn't too unbearable.

Take care love Lyn x

• Posted

Hi Lyn, well done friend. At least you will have some financial help. I truly understand what you mean about the fatigue and pain. Strange how this dreadful weather makes the pain so much worse. Now you have COPD it must makes breathing so much more difficult.

Take care friend. Kaytee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.