Decided to moderate

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've decided to moderate. I know I could fail miserably but I want to give this a go to see if by any tiny chance it will work. 

I've made a deal with my husband that if he thinks I go back to having one too many then that's it I quit . No more drinking in secret alone. Honest moderate drinking openly and occasionally no more drinking in the house. 

I haven't had a drink in just over a week & it's going okay usually I was a weekend binger in secret. Whenever I catch myself thinking could I go back to doing that again I remember it will break the new bond that I have recently gotten back with my husband again. 

Wish me luck! We have a night out next Monday & I will report how I manage with moderating on that night it will be my first test. 

Sadie xx

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Great plan Sadie and you are dedicated, firm and truthful with your husband and yourself. This could work...best of luck from Robin
    • Posted

Thank you Robin, 

Yep it's this or quits ! The relief of not hiding it anymore is amazing - I just truly hope I never secretly drink again. 

• Posted

Sadie, I wish you all the luck in the world, all the mercy God has for you, and all the healing that you need.  
    • Posted

Thank you so much Charlotte. I appreciate that 😊. I am also going to start some meditation to self heal to try to heal 

&I understand what exactly I was I running away from while drinking for all those years x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.