Decided to try Zoloft Again, Feel Spaced Out

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I finally decided to give Zoloft another try for my anxiety because nothing else seems to be working. I started out today with 12.5 MG and plan to slowly work up to the 50 I am prescribed. It's been a while since I've taken this, within the first couple of hours I felt kinda spaced out and sleepy. No other real side effects other than being slightly nervous. Are these pretty typical feelings to have, even on such a low dosage?

I plan to keep taking this dose for a couple of days until I'm ready to move up to the next dose, am I gonna feel like this the entire time until I get used to it again?

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi , I understand everything you're saying , I used to be that way to. If you have been off a medicine it can creep up on you . Feeling as though life isn't really or your vision is spaced out and blurry , it's completely normal , you're just getting back on your medicine and your body is going to react that way . Soon after you get up to about 30mg you'll start to slowly feel "normal" again , it's just takes a bit . I got off my medicine (citalopram 40) and I had the thought of unrealness and spaced out , it was in comfortable and hard to do anything , but in a few months being back on the mess I felt much better but it took about 3 months. I hope this helps a little smile

• Posted

Thanks it does help, I had to stop reading all the horrible side effects people have had with Zoloft cause it just makes me more nervous.

The first time I took it, I dont remember having any of those side effects people are talking about on here. I just feel kinda stoned I guess.

I'll keep sticking with it, as long as it doesn't make me panic I'll be fine. I just wanted to see what yall thought

Thanks!

• Posted

Be great to hear your progress and how you go about increasing. Im new to this.
  • Posted

No pain no gain as they said.

I have started again antidepressant ( my case paroxetine ) and went throu hell for the first 16 days but then it got eased. I increased the dose 3 days ago and with mild headache and feeling a bit like flu symptoms with feeling dizzy and today my anxiety increased all of the sudden!

What i am trying to say is, it is normal to feel all that but when you increase you may or may not face the side effect again. In my case, i am in the middle of hell now but heeey we will go throu this and we will get better.

Hang in there

• Posted

Well it's day 2 and I took 12.5 MG in the morning, felt hyper for several hours and now just have slight nausea and some headache. I dont know how people could put up with some of those effects I've read about going on for weeks though. I mean, I just can't be sick like that for weeks on end as I would never be able to do anything but lay in bed.

• Posted

Well still on the same day and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting the flu, my head hurts and I feel like I want to throw up. How are you supposed to deal with this and try to function for weeks on end? I mean I really cant afford to be sick that long and not be able to function at work

• Posted

The sick feeling should go after few days but if you increase the dose i am affraid you will have it again.

I am dealing with the sick feeling by just hanging in there. Take your med with food it helps sometimes.

• Posted

That's what I figured, I'm just wondering how could such a low dose even have these SE's? i cant imagine what I would feel like on the full thing

• Posted

That is why some people just give up because of the side effect. Well, if you struggle with life beacuse of the anxiety then you need to take the med and hang in there. It is tough but it will always get better.

In my case i am on my 5th day of the increasing and yesterday was hell and my anxiety was top to the roof. Today is not as bad as yesterday but the sick feeling still there but really mild.... I dont know it might hit me again hahahahah

You are not alone and what ever you feel now remember some one relate to you.

• Posted

Appreciate it, yah this is a double edged sword cause I need to get my anxiety fixed, but now I'm feeling worse than when I started. I'll see how it feels in the morning.

This is my second time taking Zoloft, the first time I had 0 side effects, wonder what happened?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.