Deciding If I should do HRT

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if some of you can give me your feedback on HRT.  My gynocologist would like to put me on Promtrium 100 mg and Estradiol 1 mg.  I have not had a period for 10 months and had my hormones checked, I am premeniposal.  I sleep 3 hours a night, hot flashes and anxiety with ache muscles.  I am thinking about going on HRT and trying this.  Please let me know if anyone is taking what I have been prescribed and how it worked or suggestions on being on HRT and how it changed you from the symptoms I am having.  My motivation for life has depleated and I want me back.  Thanks so much.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have been on HRT now for over one year. At 49 I started taking Elleste Duet initially but have now changed to Elleste Solo along with the mirena coil. HRT has changed my life and I am now not experiencing any hot flushes, moody swings or lack of sleep so all good there. The only negative I have at this time is low lobido, however that can be for a number of reasons and I am actively trying to resolve that. I have lost over 3 stone and I am much fitter and healthier also. I would recommend HRT to anyone who has menopause symptoms. Live for today and be happy.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply. I am thinking the same thing. I do not even feel like me anymore. I am not excited about anything. How do you slept? How long does it take to take effect on your body to see changes?
  • Posted

Just give it a try, you have nothing to lose and much to gain from my experience.
  • Posted

You should notice some improvement within a few weeks if not certainly within a month. 
  • Posted

Thanks.... Tonight will be my try on the HRT.... I will follow up how it makes me feel and if I finally in a few weeks will be sleeping.  My skin has changed so much from having beautiful clear skin to irritated, itchy skin which the gynecologist said it is because of premenopause...... Please I hope this helps.
    • Posted

I am in the same boat, starting today.  Looking forward to your follow up!
  • Posted

Thanks fee 1.  I am so excited to feel like me again.
  • Posted

If you are concerned about the whole HRT thing you can ask for bio identical HRT which is available on the NHS. I'm 44yo and due to various chronic health issues I've started the menopause. As I'm on so many medications already I wanted to have HRT but one that was closer to the bodies natural hormones, that is where the bio identical HRT comes in.

Speak to your Dr about the various options as all are available on NHS but very few doctors know that. Do your own research as well as to which ones best suit your needs.

I started Evoral Sequi 3 was ago and best thing I ever did. Hot flushes stopped almost immediately and sleeping so much better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.