Deciphering Laparoscopy results

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a lap yesterday to remove an endometrioma and also “check out” for the first time whether I have endometriosis.

The results state that the endo is moderate to severe in my Pod (??), both ovaries are stuck down, left very densely with overlying bowel, deeply erosive peritoneal pocket in pod on right, swelling on right pelvic wall. Tubes and fimbrae normal.

In a weird way it was a relief to have the results on paper that it was endometriosis and also that it is near the Bowel- as I was beginning to feel like the pain I was having was all in my head. However I have no idea what the above means!! I will go back to see consultant in two months time for a discussion but in the meantime I am confused!

Also on the paperwork states he tried to tease adhesions apart but they were too dense. “Will likely need pelvic clearance (most likely as open operation), once family is complete.”

I am 37 years old with a 4 year old child and I have expressed that I would like to have another (if I can) but wondering now if I am running out of time and possibilities.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow. I’m sorry to hear all of this- but can imagine your relief! I’m in a similar situation and beginning to think my pain is made up. May I ask your symptoms???
    • Posted

I didn’t think I had bad symptoms to warrant all this to be honest. 

I have always had painful periods (but thought everyone did) and heavy periods. But it wasn’t until I fell pregnant that they found a cyst that they said was an endometrioma that I realised things  were wrong. 

In last couple of years my symptoms have got worse- during periods I have constipation/diaries and sharp stabbing pains in my bum. I also have cold sweats and feelings of nausea. But this “only” happens a day or two before my period until my second or third day of bleeding and then usually around ovulation time too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.