Decision made but have to wait for letter

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All

Has anyone else been in my situation where when i rang DWP they said a decision had been made today and it wasnt on screen but it said case closed 

They put me through to a manager and he said that i would have to wait for a letter they couldnt tell me over the phone 

I said that i had been told to ring and they would tell me on the phone he said no no at all 

im confused and now feel more anxious 

hope its not bad news  

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

HI,

Try ringing again tomorrow aftenoon. Once a decision is made is can take up to 24 hours to show on other computers/screens. This happened to me with my PIP review. They can see a decision's been but they can't see what that is. I'm sure when you ring tomorrow, they'll tell you what it is. Good luck.

• Posted

Even though you spoke to a case manager, it doesn't mean it was the one that made your decision. There's more than just 1 case manager. It doesn't mean it's bad news, it simply just means they can't see it...yet.

• Posted

Thanks Denise 

I am really worried now especially because they said wait for letter 

I will ring again tomorrow but my stomach is in knotts

• Posted

No problem,

They never refuse to tell people the decison over the phone but they can't tell you if they can't see it.

I know it's very stressful time waiting. Been there, done that but there's nothing you can do until you have that decision. Fingers crossed for you that it's good news. Please do let me know.

• Posted

You're more than welcome Angela. As many others know here, i'm always happy to advice and help anyone. x

• Posted

Hi Angela

I'm surprised they wouldn't tell you over the phone to be honest as I rang and was told that way.

However when you ring you get through to to a ca centre which could be anywhere and although each one should follow the same policy in reality they don't always do that. So don't necessarily think the worst.

If it were me I'd ring again tomorrow and tell them it's causing you stress if they won't tell you . You could get through to another office or team who will let you know over the phone.

Take care

Wendy

• Posted

I'm surpried you don't know that decisions take 24 hours to go from one computer to the other, as you say you used to work for DWP. They can't tell her if they can't see the decision!

As i've already told Angela, if she rings tomorrow they will tell her. This actually happened to me and many others too. Thank you.

• Posted

I do know Denise but they use a system called DRS, document repository system which is used to upload to internet and can be viewed by whoever took the call. As she rang yesterday and the decision had been made then that letter would have been there today i.e. overnight is when it is generated. That's why many people think it takes 24 hours but it doesn't- Just overnight while the documents are uploaded.

It's a common misconception.

Technology has moved on considerably during the 25 years I worked there.

What I've advised her about call centre protocols is also correct.

• Posted

As Angela's post clearly states that a decision has been made TODAY then i highly doubt that it was yesterday she rang.......

• Posted

Hi Angela did you ring yesterday and today, I'm sure if they were able to see your decision result then they would have told you, I rang and they told me mine, to be honest they aren't worried about telling you no, so I would just wait and ring tomoz, even though you may just get your letter tomoz, no matter how upset you get it will not change the decision.

• Posted

My apologies Angela if I miss read your post I'm using my phone not a computer and sometimes other people's replies don't display when I post,not until I've replied 🙃.

I joined this site because I'm on PIP and because of my disability had to finally give in and retire. I thought my experience might have been valued but it seems I'm just upsetting some people.

Maybe it's because of my background.

Anyway I'm really sorry if I've upset you in anyway.

Hope you get the result you need.

Take care

Wendy x

• Posted

Wendy, this is an open forum and the good thing about it is we all give alternative answer's, there's never too many replies and as you say it doesn't always show correctly and if we are honest we don't always read correctly.

There is no one on here that can answer the questions absolutely, we can all only give a reply to the best of our knowledge so no worries.

Between us we get there.

• Posted

Thanks Alexandria you're right as long as we get there and help where we can it's the best we can do x

• Posted

Hi Wendy

I think you have done an excellent job in giving advice on here.

And your opinions are valued especially given your background and the fact that you are now 

in the same situation as most people here.

Please keep sharing your advice as many people read on here to get answers even if they do not

post a reply. smile

• Posted

Thank you so much Maureen, really appreciate your kind words.

I will keep contributing where I think it will help 😊 x

I am probably one of the few here who are very knowledgeable on Universal Credit which means a lot these days

Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.