Decompression surgery in January 2018

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just wrote something really long out and my phone disconnected from WiFi and now I have to start over!

Ok so I had decompression surgery on 1st january 2018. 

I am still getting severe head pain, mostly from laughing and coughing. And more than often from doing nothing more than simply waking up in the morning, which is bizarre to me. 

The most alarming thing I have noticed recently is that I am EXHAUSTED. I just started a new job (after 4 months off from recovering) and I do 8 hour days. I literally come home and collapse into bed. I am mentally drained and my eyes pretty much shut as soon as my head hits the pillow. My body has zero energy and my mind just wants to shut down. 

The second thing I have noticed is memory loss. This one is a little more alarming for me as I’m only 29 and I have an important job. It’s happened a few times now and I’ve only really noticed it when it was something quite scary... I was walking to work and suddenly stopped. My mind went blank. I couldn’t remember where I was or where I was going. It took me a good minute before I regained memory. 

Thirdly is clumsiness. This one is hard to differentiate from my normal clumsiness but I definitely don’t usually fall over all the time, or have difficulty holding a pen or unbuttoning my blouses. This is another thing I have noticed over the passed few months. 

I’m honesty just hoping this message resonates with someone on here. You don’t have to reply with a long message but just simply an acknowledgment that someone has read mine. I’m feeling so alone, anxious, scared. 

My biggest fear is that the surgery hasn’t worked. I won’t get better, and I might get worse. 

Thank you for reading and look after your head! X

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Every one who commented on this saying how important it is to take certain vitamin this is something I will have to try with my daughter it May help all disscusions realy interesting need more research into chiari thank you all for your advice and sharing how individuals deal with this

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I agree, I keep seeing vitamins come up over and over again. It must be doing something! funny how doctors never really mention it though? I'm starting mine today. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.