Decreased DX time in US!

Posted , 2 users are following.

From the quarterly Sjogren's Foundation letter:

Launched in 2012, the SSF announced our Goal: To shorten the time to diagnose Sjögren's by 50% in 5 years. In five years, we have decreased the average diagnosis time from over six years to 2.8 years!

End quote

Of course these figures are both averages, but it gives me hope for all of us. Work on DX time & work on research proceeds, even if we can't see it. For those still struggling for diagnosis, I suggest you go to the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation site, find the newest newsletter, print it out & take it to your docs & tell them the clock is ticking on them now. UK docs might not appreciate it, but since you're country is so far ahead of us in so much of medicine & health care, tell them to take it as a challenge from the cousins. You might also explain that the only SS research that happens in the States happens with private donations to this Foundation, not thru private drug companies, other med schools or the gov't.

Take heart, y'all!

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thanks aitarg....I'm learning so much here. I haven't heard of that condition but I have now. 

Janet

• Posted

Yep, it used to be that the only lung forum I used on Patient wad COPD. A year ago I added BX.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.